Love the ladies but his man needs some male friends

Hey there! Been on MFP for some time and have been friends with some of my girlfriend's friends but I have to be honest....having some males to chime in and get advice from would be ideal! I'm pretty new to weight training but not to losing weight. I have lost over 100 lbs but unfortunately did not do it the right way....used diet pills and didn't strength train so now I really need to tone up!

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Hey there! I do strength training on a regular basis. There are lots of different programs out there, but I have been doing high intensity training (HIT) for a couple of years now and I really think it's the one for me. You get the greatest benefits, with the lowest risk of injury, and with the least amount of time spent in the weight room. I could recommend a book or two to get you started the right way, if you are interested.

Congratulations on your incredible weight loss.
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Hola mate, feel free to add me
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I am just going to comment to give your thread more attention. I hope you find some good guy friends. I have some great ones on my FL.
  • Metspride129
    Metspride129 Posts: 122 Member
    add me if you'd please. i was down over 70 since last december, just gained 10 back on my break, and am going hard again
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Hey there! Been on MFP for some time and have been friends with some of my girlfriend's friends but I have to be honest....having some males to chime in and get advice from would be ideal! I'm pretty new to weight training but not to losing weight. I have lost over 100 lbs but unfortunately did not do it the right way....used diet pills and didn't strength train so now I really need to tone up!

You lost over 100 #s and you didnt do it the right way? LOL Be proud friend.

FR coming
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Feel free to add me as well! I focus on strength training and proper diet. Long slow cuts and short bulks is what I'm doing right now. I lift HEAVY \m/ \m/

(well, heavy for me at least)
  • scowil03xx
    scowil03xx Posts: 45 Member
    Feel free to add me also. I do a wide variety of things from weight training, to running, to cycling/spin, yoga, and martial arts. I am always looking to hear new information and willing to share what I have learned over several years.
  • Still trying to get this down. Way to go on the 100 pounds. Looking to lose 70 this year doing it right. FR coming add me if you want.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Feel free to add me. I do my own thing exercise-wise (sandbags, suspension trainers, that sort of thing).
  • In same boat, feel free to add me.
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Cheers! I'm just getting back into this after a whirlwind holiday season. All the best to you. Add me up if you want.
  • chuckm403
    chuckm403 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi there. Feel free to add me. I've gained 40 lbs. over the last 5 years and am determined to take it off over the course of 2013. Good luck with your goals, we're all in this together!
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Go ahead and ad me. I'm in a similar category as you. I dropped 87 lbs so far but without much exercise besides walking a whole lot. I'm going to start weight training in Feb. (I've got some minor surgery in Jan.).
    Good luck to you.
  • I think we could all use more male friends :P haha the ladies seem to be dominating this site!!! (not complaining too much though haha) feel free to add me for encouragement and to occasionally bounce ideas off each other!