2013 5K Challenge

Options
I'm going to do at least one each season this year. I've never run a 3k in my life....its time to change that.

Anyone else want to take up the challenge?

Replies

• loubylou1969
    loubylou1969 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi

I did the C25K last year and ran a 5k in June. Me and my partner are going to run another at the beg of Feb too.

So yes will join you

Louise
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about every season but I plan on my first in March.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Anyone else want to take up the challenge?

would love to !!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Would love to! Count me in :D
  • tigesc
    tigesc Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in.
  • TheGeordie
    Options
    Yep, in addition to my cycling Im doing the couch to 5k plan, already done 2 - 2.5 mile run/jogs and will be returning to the plan this coming week :)

PS I run like Phoebe off of Friends (or I think I do in my head while Im out there!)

Good luck!!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was in ICU with congestive heart failure in April 2011, and ran a 5K in late March 2012!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    yep count me in too..ive done 3k,5k, 8k... all hard and all challenging and all extremely rewarding when you go over that finish line.. ill never forget my first run... 5k it was the shamrock run in buffalo ny in march ..in windy sleet rainy coooooooooold weather.. i did it too!!! omg i was so proud of myself . its a great feeling to do something like that when at one time you had a hard time just walking up the stairs in your house.. much luck and im in!
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Would love to run a 5K or 10K every month, if possible, but definitely every season! I'm in!
  • mjdani1
    mjdani1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think I've found my first run
    http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/
    2013 Hearts and Soles 5K