pregnancy setting on here???

Options
Im pre diabetic and 7 months pregnant just wondering if there is a setting for the pregnancy

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    No there is not.

You should really consult your doctor about what intake is best for you though. Your situation may require different dietary needs.

You can custom-set you MFP calories once you do that.
  • Allicatmewohisspurr
    Options
    Dr put me on a diet :( and like one cup of food three times a day.... which to me seems really low ive already lost a pound from 1 day of it but I am eating more sensibly whole wheat and veggies... I'm doing OK
  • Allicatmewohisspurr
    Options
    I went into a litlle more detail on my comment, I seriously eat whatever I want until yesterday she told me my guide lines so Im afraid Im gonna shrink and hurt the baby with this new way of eating
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    On the phone app you can set your calories to whatever you want them to be. Congrats! :wink:
  • Allicatmewohisspurr
    Options
    cool thank you!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You need to see a gestational nutritionist. You should be eating 6 times a day to keep your blood sugar levels even.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I went into a litlle more detail on my comment, I seriously eat whatever I want now so Im afraid Im gonna shrink and hurt the baby with this new way of eating

I really think you should go back to your doctor and have him set you up with a dietitian who specialized in pregnancy and pre-diabetes to set you up with a good meal plan that suits your medical needs.

No one here is a medical professional who knows your needs, and it's going to be very difficult for anyone to advise you. If you are concerned that you're not being allowed to eat enough, then get a second opinion from another doctor. I would not take anyone's advice on the internet on this over your doctor.
  • amwoodruff
    amwoodruff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting enough food, and enough protein, and taking your prenatals, and are following doctors orders, I wouldn't worry about your weight. Let your doctor worry, you worry about getting the right amount of healthy food. (I am not saying "WOOOO! Food party!" I am saying, up or down, as long as you are doing what your DR said, I wouldn't worry. I only gained 20 lbs with my baby, because I was already fat.)
  • amwoodruff
    amwoodruff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I went into a litlle more detail on my comment, I seriously eat whatever I want now so Im afraid Im gonna shrink and hurt the baby with this new way of eating

I really think you should go back to your doctor and have him set you up with a dietitian who specialized in pregnancy and pre-diabetes to set you up with a good meal plan that suits your medical needs.

No one here is a medical professional who knows your needs, and it's going to be very difficult for anyone to advise you. If you are concerned that you're not being allowed to eat enough, then get a second opinion from another doctor. I would not take anyone's advice on the internet on this over your doctor.
    Yes, this! Follow your doc. Hopefully it is your OBGYN, not advice from before you were pregnant. ;-)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I wish there was settings on here for pregnacy and breastfeeding moms :-) Talk to your dr and ask about consulting with a nurtiionist. I am 26 weeks tommorow. I have was pretty for the first 4-5 mon. I sill struggle the zofran helps. I will have my glucose test next week. I get pretty healthyfully Ive had my moments but nothing to extreme. If I do I get really sick. Small meals are the way to go with fruits veggies whole grains lean meats ect. but 3 small meals seems to little and if your loosing weight thats not good unless you were overweight before you were pregnant
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Maybe a nutritionist can prescribe your desired number of calories, protein, carbs & fat, as well as advise you on ways to hit the desired ratio. Also, iron and calcium levels may need resetting. It's important to get it right FOR YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS AND EATING PATTERNS.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above comments. I do wish there were a pregnancy/breastfeeding setting. It would have made the counting easier. I do have to say that your little fetus is pretty resilient. If anyone is going to be suffering it would be you since the baby will take all that it needs from you. They are incredible little beings. Good luck! Go with you gut and talk to the doctor again.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I was put on a diabetic diet in my second trimester. Meeting with a dietician and a nutritionist was really valuable.

My specific plan was about 2000 to 2200 calories per day, with breakdowns of carb/protein ratios for each meal.

When you change your eating habits during pregnancy, it is normal to lose a few pounds right away, this likely won't stay.

I changed my MFP goals to maintenance, which put me at the calorie amount recommended by my doctor - I would suggest you get your information from your health team, too. Then adjust MFP to work for your goals.

Congrats on the pregnancy :)