Love the ladies but his man needs some male friends

Options
Hey there! Been on MFP for some time and have been friends with some of my girlfriend's friends but I have to be honest....having some males to chime in and get advice from would be ideal! I'm pretty new to weight training but not to losing weight. I have lost over 100 lbs but unfortunately did not do it the right way....used diet pills and didn't strength train so now I really need to tone up!

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I do strength training on a regular basis. There are lots of different programs out there, but I have been doing high intensity training (HIT) for a couple of years now and I really think it's the one for me. You get the greatest benefits, with the lowest risk of injury, and with the least amount of time spent in the weight room. I could recommend a book or two to get you started the right way, if you are interested.

Congratulations on your incredible weight loss.
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hola mate, feel free to add me
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am just going to comment to give your thread more attention. I hope you find some good guy friends. I have some great ones on my FL.
  • Metspride129
    Metspride129 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    add me if you'd please. i was down over 70 since last december, just gained 10 back on my break, and am going hard again
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Been on MFP for some time and have been friends with some of my girlfriend's friends but I have to be honest....having some males to chime in and get advice from would be ideal! I'm pretty new to weight training but not to losing weight. I have lost over 100 lbs but unfortunately did not do it the right way....used diet pills and didn't strength train so now I really need to tone up!

You lost over 100 #s and you didnt do it the right way? LOL Be proud friend.

FR coming
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I focus on strength training and proper diet. Long slow cuts and short bulks is what I'm doing right now. I lift HEAVY \m/ \m/

(well, heavy for me at least)
  • scowil03xx
    scowil03xx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. I do a wide variety of things from weight training, to running, to cycling/spin, yoga, and martial arts. I am always looking to hear new information and willing to share what I have learned over several years.
  • Spurrowell
    Options
    Still trying to get this down. Way to go on the 100 pounds. Looking to lose 70 this year doing it right. FR coming add me if you want.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I do my own thing exercise-wise (sandbags, suspension trainers, that sort of thing).
  • gsyChris
    Options
    In same boat, feel free to add me.
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cheers! I'm just getting back into this after a whirlwind holiday season. All the best to you. Add me up if you want.
  • chuckm403
    chuckm403 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Feel free to add me. I've gained 40 lbs. over the last 5 years and am determined to take it off over the course of 2013. Good luck with your goals, we're all in this together!
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and ad me. I'm in a similar category as you. I dropped 87 lbs so far but without much exercise besides walking a whole lot. I'm going to start weight training in Feb. (I've got some minor surgery in Jan.).
    Good luck to you.
  • Raythomas1
    Options
    I think we could all use more male friends :P haha the ladies seem to be dominating this site!!! (not complaining too much though haha) feel free to add me for encouragement and to occasionally bounce ideas off each other!