Christmas treats

Options
Hello!
Despite requesting for nothing edible for Christmas, I still ended up with quite a bit of it.
What are your tactics? Eat it in one go to get rid of it and then go mental in the gym? Or hide it and chip away at it?

Lois

Replies

• april_flowers_423
    Options
    THROW IT OUT! Do it now. I allowed myself a brief reprieve to enjoy the holidays with both sides of our family from Dec 24-26 then went back on plan Dec 27. Every meal I pulled out the leftover desserts for my husband and kids and always ended up putting them back in the fridge. On Dec 30, I said alright, this is it! Whatever is left from these desserts after tonight is going in the trash and then followed through.

Ironically, none of it was eaten. Goes to show you where all the sugar, fat, and calories were going in the past....right to my backside! Better it go to waste than go to your waist.

THROW IT OUT NOW!
  • missgaby7
    Options
    I agree. Its better to just throw it out then have the temptation there!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it as long as I had enough calories left for the day.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I ate it and I regret it. Get rid of it, and if that feels too wasteful put it in the deep freeze and throw it out 6 months from now lol.
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would bring it to work and leave it in the kitchen. What doesn't disappear after a day, can be thrown out there.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    This is the trouble! It's Thornton's chocolate and other not so cheap stuff. If it was crisps and biscuits I would have given it to some homeless people.
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Throw it out! you don't HAVE to eat it at all :) Happy New Year!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I chip away at it over a period of time, or feed it to family/my boyfriend.
    If it's something you like, completely throwing it out seems kind of silly unless you're at risk of binging on it. Just budget it into your macros for the day and enjoy.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I love treats. I have one most days. Read ONE. I got some good chocolate and some of my favorite licorice. Almost all of it is still there.

For God's sake DON'T EAT IT IN ONE GO. If you're going to do that, throw it away. Better still, give it to someone who will enjoy it.

If you can enjoy it in small bits, put some away in a closet or pantry so you have to find it and make a choice to eat. And eat a bit when you feel like it. Any one serving can fit in your calorie allowance.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    One of my housemates offloaded a Toblerone on me a few hours ago for helping with his laptop.

Had one piece, wanted another, and stopped at two. This bar may last over a week. Tracked it of course.

1) Will it be a temptation?
    2) Do you have days where you have trouble fitting in enough calories?
    3) Any birthdays or occasions coming up soon?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Throw it out! you don't HAVE to eat it at all :) Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! :smile:
  • Lois_1989
    Options

1) Will it be a temptation?

It will be if it's in sight and I'm peckish

2) Do you have days where you have trouble fitting in enough calories?

If I go to the gym and a swim :smile:

3) Any birthdays or occasions coming up soon?

There are a couple of birthdays coming up in the next 2 months