Favorite weightloss show?

Options
My favorite weightloss show is actually only on it the UK and its called supersize vs super skinny. In which they take an obese person and an anorexic person and make them switch eating habits for a week. I believe it focuses more on the education of how to eat properly than some of these shows. I just wish it was on in the US so I didn't have to fend for scraps on YouTube.

What's yours?

Replies

• ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Supersize vs Superskinny, Fat Families, & Obese: A Year To Save My Life.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser.
  • missgaby7
    Options
    Biggest loser defnitely.. and it starts on sunday!
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    extreme makeover: weightloss edition. I feel like it is slightly more realistic than Biggest Loser, but I like both. BL makes me sad though when they weigh in. some of them get so bummed out if they don't lose 10+ lbs in a week and that is just so unrealistic in the real world. that's when the game part of that show gets on my nerves.
  • danevz22
    Options
    Obese: A Year To Save My Life.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Why would they make two people with dangerous eating habits switch - giving the OTHER one an also dangerous eating habit????

That sounds dumb. And irresponsible.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Why would they make two people with dangerous eating habits switch - giving the OTHER one an also dangerous eating habit????

Aren't most reality shows dumb and irresponsible?
  • zena92
    zena92 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

haha, when you put it like that it sounds awful lol...but its really popular over here and I find it really informative. Really is a good show and they are so much healthier at the end
  • Staffygirl88
    Staffygirl88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i love obese:a year to save my life!

i watch all them kind of programmes and my other half hates it lol. always tells me to ''turn that crap off''
  • kateneyxx
    kateneyxx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    MTV's "I used to be fat " love their transformations in 100 days and ripping those big old pieces of paper off the wall! :bigsmile:
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options

It does sound dumb and it's not always the best; they have the two people talking about their diet about what they feel the trigger points are/have been in their life, how they feel eating the other person's diet, how they feel about their own diets, what watching the other person eat as they usually do makes them feel, etc. Beyond the silly shock bits, they try to focus on the psychological factors more. It sometimes works, it sometimes doesn't.
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My 600 pound life,I Used to be fat and The Biggest loser.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Has to be the Hairy Dieters, BBC. Just showing how informed & sensible cooking life style can lose pounds
  • fallenoaks
    Options
    My favorite weightloss show is actually only on it the UK and its called supersize vs super skinny. In which they take an obese person and an anorexic person and make them switch eating habits for a week. I believe it focuses more on the education of how to eat properly than some of these shows. I just wish it was on in the US so I didn't have to fend for scraps on YouTube.

What's yours?

I've seen it on tv in the US. I believe OWN shows the episodes.