I need some help.

Options
2»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    At a glance at your diary, it looks like you're not eating enough. The fact that you're tired and hungry suggests that you might not be eating enough. Why not try eating more for a few weeks and see if the situation improves? I was hungry and tired when I ate 1200 calories for quite a while, and I was "netting" 1200 calories, which means that I ate my exercise calories back, so was technically eating more most days. It just wasn't enough for me though, so might not be for you either (not to mention the fact that it doesn't look like you're even reaching 1200 most days).

Also, don't worry about Christmas weight gain. For most people, a lot of their gain will be mostly water weight and will come off quickly.

Also, eating McDonalds does not make you "bad". :flowerforyou:

Thank you very much. My husband was being nice and brought it home for me and I couldn't say no... but still feel guilty. I guess I should try 1400 everyday. I just want to loose the weight fast but I know that's not how it should be.
    Thing is, if you lose too fast, you actually risk losing more lean mass (eg. muscle) than you should. Everyone loses a bit when they lose weight, but you can minimise that by having a moderate calorie deficit and losing slowly.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Yes, where's the fire? Slow down! You are young and have plenty of time to take weight loss slowly. Learn that lesson now, and you will be money ahead of so many people!
  • puffin444
    puffin444 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle. I am 48 years old and I have been at this diet game for over 30 years. I have had a set back recently due to some trauma, but I am on the mend now. I am recalling the skills I have built over the years and feel very confident that i will be back to my healthy self with in a few months. I can tell you Kayla that reading your words reminded me of my own from years ago.

So here are some tips from an old veteran:

Don't be so hard on your self. This is a learning process
    Focus on progress- not perfection :happy:
    This is a lifestyle change and process ,not a diet, or a temporary state. Be Patient and consistent
    Find choices that you enjoy and can still live your life. Being too strict will likely set your-self up for failure.
    Understand what triggers you .. e.g. a spike or drop in blood sugars. emotions and fatigues. Identify patterns of vulnerability. Have a plan to off set these times. e.g take a bath, Protein shakes, walks ,playlists of music. Set workouts at realistic times,
    Read the Power of habit by Charles Duhigg ( A book that helped me)
    Don't beat your-self up.
    Don't be afraid that you can't win. You will win. It takes time. We didn't get here in a day or a few weeks..so it may take months or even a year to lean new behaviors that will stick.

I recognized for me that the first 3 days are the hardest. Going through a physical withdrawal from toxins and carbs is exhausting. I usually set some alone time aside for me to deal with that and to build some tolerance. I drink hot water morning and night and herbal teas. I still drink my coffee,.but rather that take it away..I add healthy habits. I take baths. I am gentle with my -self making sure I don't over do it during this part of the process . I eat organic Fage Greek yoghurt sweetened with stevia and 1/2 teaspoon orange extract or vanilla or other extracts and eggs for breakfast.No carbs. I stay on lean organic proteins and steamed or raw veggies for the first few days. I make delicious foods and concentrate on the health benefits. I plan my meals and have contingency plans for when my routine gets disrupted.

I am aware of how a I feel hormonally. I don't start my first day of the gym if i have just got my period. I start during the peak of my cycle. A few days after. These things have worked for me and i have built consistency that way.

It takes time to build these defenses that help set us up to win. Once you've leaned these skills they are with you for life.
    Remember it is harder to launch a a ship in to space that it is to keep it orbiting. a lot of work happens in the beginning. Steady as she goes and it will be worth the time and effort.
  • amomofthree78
    amomofthree78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are overwhelming yourself. I have heard by many different people that if you want to lose the weight and you need to change a lot of things in your life, then you should start with one and go on to the next. Don't do them all at the same time or you are setting yourself up for failure. Start with concentrating on your calories and food intake. Try to stick to the amount of calories you want to consume. Give it a month, no working out, no overeating though, just write down what you are eating and monitor it. After a month, you may feel more secure on what you are putting into your body and then you can add the exercise. Some people have lost ten to twelve pounds just in the first month by watching what they are eating. Try new foods out there. Just watch for the stuff that says low fat, low cal or non fat, because they through a ton of sugar in it and that can make you retain body fat. Which you don't want. Hope this helps.
  • nancyardell
    nancyardell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site this morning and I gotta say just seeing all the replies you have gotten really makes me like this site :) People are so supportive and motivational!

OK-You have to push through the first couple weeks of temptations! Don't allow yourself to give in! Make it a game to yourself- a challenge of how much control you have- after 5 straight days of eating exactly the way you should- you will be so proud of yourself you will want to continue so that you can keep feeling proud! Weight loss is a real mind game! But its one you can win! and you will feel so good! I've been there! Keep you eyes on the prize!!
  • ohhman10
    Options
    My name is Michelle. I am 48 years old and I have been at this diet game for over 30 years. I have had a set back recently due to some trauma, but I am on the mend now. I am recalling the skills I have built over the years and feel very confident that i will be back to my healthy self with in a few months. I can tell you Kayla that reading your words reminded me of my own from years ago.

So here are some tips from an old veteran:

Don't be so hard on your self. This is a learning process
    Focus on progress- not perfection :happy:
    This is a lifestyle change and process ,not a diet, or a temporary state. Be Patient and consistent
    Find choices that you enjoy and can still live your life. Being too strict will likely set your-self up for failure.
    Understand what triggers you .. e.g. a spike or drop in blood sugars. emotions and fatigues. Identify patterns of vulnerability. Have a plan to off set these times. e.g take a bath, Protein shakes, walks ,playlists of music. Set workouts at realistic times,
    Read the Power of habit by Charles Duhigg ( A book that helped me)
    Don't beat your-self up.
    Don't be afraid that you can't win. You will win. It takes time. We didn't get here in a day or a few weeks..so it may take months or even a year to lean new behaviors that will stick.

I recognized for me that the first 3 days are the hardest. Going through a physical withdrawal from toxins and carbs is exhausting. I usually set some alone time aside for me to deal with that and to build some tolerance. I drink hot water morning and night and herbal teas. I still drink my coffee,.but rather that take it away..I add healthy habits. I take baths. I am gentle with my -self making sure I don't over do it during this part of the process . I eat organic Fage Greek yoghurt sweetened with stevia and 1/2 teaspoon orange extract or vanilla or other extracts and eggs for breakfast.No carbs. I stay on lean organic proteins and steamed or raw veggies for the first few days. I make delicious foods and concentrate on the health benefits. I plan my meals and have contingency plans for when my routine gets disrupted.

I am aware of how a I feel hormonally. I don't start my first day of the gym if i have just got my period. I start during the peak of my cycle. A few days after. These things have worked for me and i have built consistency that way.

It takes time to build these defenses that help set us up to win. Once you've leaned these skills they are with you for life.
    Remember it is harder to launch a a ship in to space that it is to keep it orbiting. a lot of work happens in the beginning. Steady as she goes and it will be worth the time and effort.

Thank you so much! A very motivating post. I will keep this in mind.
  • ohhman10
    Options
    It sounds like you are overwhelming yourself. I have heard by many different people that if you want to lose the weight and you need to change a lot of things in your life, then you should start with one and go on to the next. Don't do them all at the same time or you are setting yourself up for failure. Start with concentrating on your calories and food intake. Try to stick to the amount of calories you want to consume. Give it a month, no working out, no overeating though, just write down what you are eating and monitor it. After a month, you may feel more secure on what you are putting into your body and then you can add the exercise. Some people have lost ten to twelve pounds just in the first month by watching what they are eating. Try new foods out there. Just watch for the stuff that says low fat, low cal or non fat, because they through a ton of sugar in it and that can make you retain body fat. Which you don't want. Hope this helps.

I am probably getting ahead of myself... I just want to loose weight so bad!

I really should just focus on calories, then move into carbs etc.

Thank you so much.
  • ohhman10
    Options
    I just joined this site this morning and I gotta say just seeing all the replies you have gotten really makes me like this site :) People are so supportive and motivational!

OK-You have to push through the first couple weeks of temptations! Don't allow yourself to give in! Make it a game to yourself- a challenge of how much control you have- after 5 straight days of eating exactly the way you should- you will be so proud of yourself you will want to continue so that you can keep feeling proud! Weight loss is a real mind game! But its one you can win! and you will feel so good! I've been there! Keep you eyes on the prize!!

I've had the Fitness Pal App for a few months but this is my first time posting.

I should of did it sooner because people here are awesome. I agree 100%!