Happy New Years!!! Your best accomplishment of 2012?

Options
Welcome to a brand new year, almost everyone is now in 2013 together. Wishing everyone the most awesome year ever for them...but tell me what are you most proud of for this last year? I'm feeling great tonite, it's a new shiny year with so many opportunities. For the first time ever I feel like the last year was a darn good one.

I quit smoking in April, I lost about 25 pounds and am almost back to where i was before the stress of 5 years ago. I finally came out of mourning and came to terms with things. I got back into my gardening that I loved so much, started eating healthier and started working out and feel amazing. I'm not quite at my desired weight but I still feel great, have more energy and know that I am better off for what I have changed up til now.

I have wonderful and exciting new prospects in the new year and am discovering new interests and hobbies that are exciting which i haven't done in so long.

I may sound a bit crazy and happy but understand, 5 years ago my mom died from cancer on January 7th, and this is the first year at last that i have felt like myself again. Been able to enjoy things again and to actually care about life again, so I'm darn proud of what I have accomplished, and am hyped for the coming year and what I will continue to accomplish. I am going to be celebrating the 5 year anniversary happily because that same day I made a terrific online friend who has been with me through thick and thin..so this year I will celebrate the good instead of remember the bad. This year is going to be awesome and I am proud as heck of myself so wanted to know what others are proud of for themselves form this past year! What do you look forward to for the coming one? What are your resolutions if any? I can't be the only one here with a glass of wine celebrating the past year alone and being darn happy about it! Okay, I did kiss the animals at midnight, so I'm not totally alone. They think I'm insane but I don't care! :D

Replies

• LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    So happy for you!! I'm glad you found a friend through your sad time.
    I don't have any huge accomplishments, but I did buy my very first house this year......at 25 years old.....on my own. So that was pretty exciting.
    Also, I'm in the Air Force and we have semi-annual fitness tests. Since losing some of the weight, I got my highest score ever (in the seven years I've been in). I was 0.2 points away from the "Excellent" category. I ran an entire minute faster than my typical time. I also maxed out my sit-ups, which I've never done. I was very happy with myself!
    2013, I'm hoping will be an incredible year!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My best accomplishments of 2012...let's see:

1. Losing 49 pounds in 11 months!
    2. Taking part in a weight loss competition at my job and getting 2nd place! It would never have happened in 2011!
    3. Being named best employee from January through June at my job and getting a $500 bonus!
    4. Being able to wear my 1996 Auburn University Montgomery class ring for the first time in about ten years!
    5. CatwomanMe_zps23404ab4.jpg Wearing this medium-sized Catwoman costume!
    6. Shopping for a new wardrobe with this weight loss, knowing I will NEVER have to go to the Women's department again!

What are my plans for 2013?

1. I'll be celebrating 15 years at my job, and that qualifies me for a prize. The prize will be a ring, but I have to measure my finger since the AUM ring is so loose now!
    2. Continue with the healthy lifestyle I adopted in 2012 as I vow never to go back to being 192 pounds (highest weight in 2010) ever again.
    3. Try to enjoy life a little more and not stress myself out. Over the Christmas holidays, I ordered what I thought were five Skylanders figures for his Nintendo Wii game. Turns out I ordered one character twice, so I literally became a "Hot Head" (the character I missed) and started going all over town trying to find it. I went through four stores before finally finding it in a GameStop store. The character I ordered twice is actually the philosophy I need to work on: Chill.
    4. Continue living with Type 2 Diabetes and making sure I keep control of it, not the other way around.

That's what I'm gonna do! :happy:
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I won a fitness competition at my gym in mid December... I'm a person who has never exercised in her life. I only started training about 1.5months before this competition.

Now... onto 2013. Let's be havin' ya!
  • Keaira_M
    Options
    Breaking my plateau at 64.5kg! Right before the end of the year I finally had a moment to stop stressing and suddenly lost 1.5kg.

Continuing my trip at 63kg. Let's hope I don't get stuck here now, but can continue along to 60-58!
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    going from running a 10 min. mile down to an 8 min. mile...cant wait to test it in 2013 running season (((marathon))) race
  • anndelaney67
    anndelaney67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    lovely to hear ,hope 2013 is your yr,last yr i lost 56lb that was my bigest accomplishment,along with also dealing with mourning lost my hubby 2yrs ago 14th dec 2010 ,so i feel 4 you and understand you,lets hope 2013 bringing more accomplishments Happy NEW Year:happy:
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Sticking to 30 day shred , even getting up before work or it! I am on level 3. It had motivated me to look at more fitness dvd workouts. Im gonna do a YT search for tae bo workouts tomoorow!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Participated in my first 5K, and lost an additional 41 lbs!

Looking forward to hitting my goal weight in 2013! Preferably before summer. 17 lbs to go!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Getting my body fat percentage down to teens digit, from 26% to 19%.
    Being able to fit into size 25-26 inch jeans and XS/XXS or US size 0-2 which the last time I had worn it was way back when I was 11 years old (I'll be 34 in April)

But my best accomplishment is non-fitness related and that is having my very first house & lot, I'm single so its all to myself :D
  • tellascott
    Options
    Getting my body fat percentage down to teens digit, from 26% to 19%.
    Being able to fit into size 25-26 inch jeans and XS/XXS or US size 0-2 which the last time I had worn it was way back when I was 11 years old (I'll be 34 in April)

But my best accomplishment is non-fitness related and that is having my very first house & lot, I'm single so its all to myself :D
    Congrats on the new house. It's a great feeling to wake up one day, be able to look around and think this is mine and i worked hard for it!!!
  • tellascott
    Options
    My best accomplishments of 2012...let's see:

1. Losing 49 pounds in 11 months!
    2. Taking part in a weight loss competition at my job and getting 2nd place! It would never have happened in 2011!
    3. Being named best employee from January through June at my job and getting a $500 bonus!
    4. Being able to wear my 1996 Auburn University Montgomery class ring for the first time in about ten years!
    5. CatwomanMe_zps23404ab4.jpg Wearing this medium-sized Catwoman costume!
    6. Shopping for a new wardrobe with this weight loss, knowing I will NEVER have to go to the Women's department again!

You had an awesome year! Congrats on all of it. :D
  • tellascott
    Options
    I don't have any huge accomplishments, but I did buy my very first house this year......at 25 years old.....on my own. So that was pretty exciting.
    That's very exciting! I was barely able to get my own place at 35. LOL