water add in's

Options
what are your thoughts on the drink add in's, like lemonade, tea, fruit punch etc... I know they are low in calories but are they high in something else bad for you???
I need a change up from just plain old water.
Any take on this?

Replies

• byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    I don't like the artificial sweetners and colors they contain so I avoid them.

I do love all kinds of frozen fruit, fresh mint sprigs, sliced cucumbers, fresh berries, frozen melon balls, ect. in my water. Cucumber mint is probably my favorite. Strawberry mint is really good too....I could go on and on, lol
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    double post, sorry
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I love the diet snapple and ocean spray drink mixes. 10 calories, 2 carbs, 100 sodium for snapple. Gives me my "sweet" fix without the sugar.
  • wendll
    wendll Posts: 2
    Options
    I use them all the time. The only time I drink plain water is when I'm at a restaurant or during/after workouts. I noticed that the Hawaiian Punch ones only have 5 calories for the whole packet but Great Value (walmart) have 10 calories per packet. I usually add 1 packet to a 24oz water jug but with the added flavor I can easily drink 3 of those in a day. I wouldn't be able to do that with plain water :)
  • mead
    mead Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    add crystal light packs they are low in everything and have a a lot of good flavors!
  • msapplenomore
    Options
    It's not really a water add in, but I like to make a nice pitcher of herbal iced tea, green or white. I add more cold water if it tastes too stong. I like it unsweetened but I guess you can add an artifical sweetener. I used to drink diluted cranberry juice, but I noticed I was gaining weight so I cut that out and switched to homemade herbal iced teas..
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you stay clear from anything with aspartame (ei. crystal light) its soo soo bad for you. I mean every once in a while should be okay but don't get used to it.
    You can purchase flavor stevia that works great and there are a bunch of tasty flavors.
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I having very little soda and drink lots of water at work but find I barely drink when I'm at home,so I was hoping the add in flavors would encourage that. I don't know why, I use to drink only sweet tea at home but have since found out that caffeine in general can increase your miscarriage risk (1 angel baby) so I rarely have caffeinated drinks.

I find my self only having a cup of anything w/ my dinner at home and I know that is a awful habit.