Awesome Oatmeal

Options
msjanetcole
msjanetcole Posts: 31 Member
Meal: 342 calories and it fills you up while adding ingredients you need. 1 cup of cooked oatmeal. I make it a bit runny because no milk is added before serving. Then add a teaspoon of cinnamon and 3 Tbsp of your favorite flavor of Smuckers preserves - sugar free. The rich flavor of sugar-free Smuckers can be used to sweeten many otherwise bland foods. No sugar, no cholesterol. Nice bedtime snack to keep you full until morning. The cinnamon and oatmeal help lower blood sugar. If you have enough calories, add the skim milk too, which also helps lower blood pressure. Snack: You can 1/2 cup of cooked oatmel and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1.5 Tbsp for 171 calorie snack.:heart:

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have never thought to put jam in oatmeal, and I'm going to have to try it now. I've got no sugar added Smuckers in my fridge right now :)
  • msjanetcole
    msjanetcole Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Smuckers is one of my weak points. Really like the 'free' version and it turned the 'gag me' oatmeal into a nice dish.
  • HeatherStorey
    HeatherStorey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Interesting... I am going to try this.
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I really like peanut butter in my oatmeal...tastes like a cookie. Also good with cinnamon.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I make cheaters instant oatmeal using my coffe maker! (We have one of those Keurig models.)

Dried fruit as desired... give it a whirl in the food processor to chop pieces down to size
    add in whole rolled oats and give a few more pulses.
    This makes the flakes small enough to "cook" by adding the hot water and just let it set.

I usually add a pinch of sea salt and either stevia or agave syrup to mine.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of peanut butter in my oatmeal. I should try jam...
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Another delicious recipe I've tried . Put it all in a mason jar the night before. Grab in the morning, throw in the microwave and eat! It tastes like chai tea.

Overnight Chai Steel-Cut Oats

makes 2 servings

adapted from Vegetarian Times

1 cup steel-cut oats

1 cup almond milk

2 tablespoons ground flax

1/4 teaspoon cardamon

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1 tablespoon maple syrup