Options
Hi All

New to mfp and trying to get some tips for some good low cal snacks

Thanks

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Anything that under my calorie goal for the day.

apples, fruit, vegetables, some dry cereal, peanut butter, deli slices.
  • JoeiC78
    JoeiC78 Posts: 13
    Options
    I love cheese sticks and apples!!!!
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love Hummus and raw vegs mmmmmmmmm.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fruit and nuts for me

God bless,
    Karen
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    if you're in the UK, alpen light chocolate and fudge and double choc bars are less than 70 cals each and feel like you're having a 250+ cal choc bar. i also replaced crisps with lightly salted rice cakes.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    if you're in the UK, alpen light chocolate and fudge and double choc bars are less than 70 cals each and feel like you're having a 250+ cal choc bar. i also replaced crisps with lightly salted rice cakes.
    Omg they sound amazing [/adds to shopping list]
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just started freezing red grapes for snacks! Also Okios Greek yogurt is awesome!
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Clementine or cutie oranges are probably my favorite fast snacks. That and boiled eggs for some fast protein!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    No calorie jello with a dollop of low cal whipped cream if you have a sweet tooth.
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and salsa. Stick to the whole grain type or some other healthy one. About 8 of those and 2 tablespoons of salsa and you have a perfect 100 calorie snack that could satisfy your craving.
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Also try mixing two types of fruit in a baggie to bring along for something different. For instance I like pineapples and red grapes together, or blueberries and raspberries. This taste mix is always interesting and never boring. Or any fruit with a dollop of lite cream. It makes it feel indulgent when its truly not.
  • jesspnk4
    jesspnk4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I really like Fiber One bars. They taste like a treat, but fill me up with all of the fiber. They are easy to pack for my day, never spoil or spill, and come in several flavors. One even tastes like my favorite Girl Scout Cookie.
  • thornkarma
    Options
    Hi! Low-fat string cheese is always a good one - 80 calories or so per stick and the added plus of protein to tide you over. Low in calorie (but more carbs) are Quaker lightly salted rice cakes. Also, Oberto has a great tasting BBQ Pork Jerky that's about 90 calories per serving. Basically, just have to watch portions . . . . ugh, but unfortunately true! Good luck!!!
  • Samibabi
    Options
    What does hummus taste like?
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    What does hummus taste like?

Ammmmmazing :)
  • cbos1215
    cbos1215 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hummus is wonderful with veggies for a snack, and it also comes in different flavors now. We most always have the original in our house, but occasionally have purchased other flavors. It's hard to describe what hummus takes like...but it's good, very good!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm really into VitaTops right now. Only 100 calories and it gets rid of my chocolate cravings and has added vitamins. it's like the top of a muffin. It's in the freezer aisle of the grocery.
    I also love grapes, because you can eat a bunch and it's not too many calories. It's for when I mindlessly eat in front of the tv.
    Popcorn is another good option for mindless snacking. Just make sure it's a "healthier" type. Not the movie theater kind. You can add a few spritzes of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray or I like mine with hot sauce.
    Cottage cheese is another low-cal, very filling option. I like mine savory, but a lot of people add fruit.
    I'm also a big fan of beef jerky. I'll put it in a little baggie with some wasabi peas and carry it in my purse. Lots of sodium though, but I have no problem with that.
  • mandasue1976
    mandasue1976 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my favorite-I cook in on the stove top without oil, just add salt if ya need it when its done
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Roasted spicy chick peas