New year..new friends?!! :)

Options
Like pretty much everyone else, I'm new years resolutioning to keep my food diary and excercise logs daily - I used to do this over summer, but I stopped over the autumn period..boo! Just looking for some likeminded people to motivate :)

I have no specific diet, just healthy eating, but I am a lover of Jillian Michael's 30-day shred, which I've been doing for quite some time now - anyone with similar interests/lifestyle would be super to have for support, and for me to support you too!! :D:D

Replies

• bettybboop
    Options
    Hi
    I was wondering how you discipline yourself to keep up with the food journal. It seems that I dont have a routine and then I fall short.
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Hi! Generally just after each meal/workout I log straight away so I don't forget what I've had/done!! :) If you just get into a routine to follow-up anything you do with logging it, it's a lot easier to keep on track with it, rather than trying to remember every little bit when it comes to the evening (and I would forget, haha!) :)
  • bettybboop
    Options
    Thanks for the info! It sounds logical but do you keep a tracking device or journal on you at all times. My biggest issues are at work and on the go....Anything will help
  • The mfp app on my phone
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Not a problem! :D Yeah, I use the myfitnesspal app on my phone, that way I've always got it with me if I'm out and about and need to log something :) It's free too! :D Otherwise I'd log online through the website, but that is less accessible to me so I find my phone easier! :)
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use phone app, too. And I literally log my food while I'm eating. The girls at work always get a good chuckle out of me feverishly logging and scanning the barcodes on my foods lol I also love finishing up my workout at the gym, and ducking into the locker room to log. It's my little ritual. My own personal little "f you" to my jiggles ;)
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Haha I love doing that!! The barcode scanner is still magical to me..hahah :)
  • LaboratoryScientist
    Options
    My plans are to log in daily and to maintain a goal of being aware each day, each meal, and each choice! Logging in meals ahead of time or soon after kept me on task before. This way you are aware of choices and how they can affect you later! I'm also looking for new friends. Many of mine have fallen completely off the wagon! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Ah that sounds super! I've never pre-logged like that before but it makes a lot of sense..!! Haha I know what you mean, I've not been active again until about two weeks ago, and many of my old friends have been absent for some time..! :(
  • leejanene1976
    Options
    Hello, I'm new this year. :) So, I'm doing a boot camp style thing this week and it's going good. I tend to keep aerobic exercise down to 30min. and then just do enough for calorie burn after - 60min. total/day. I have to start back to work in a week (I'm a Middle School teacher) and it's really hard to have the energy to work out after that! Anyway, the food log has been really helpful and its making me more aware of what I'm eating. :)
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Oh awesome! I've always wanted to try a bootcamp experience, in a very backwards manner hahaa! :) Hope all goes well for you - I'll be here to motivate!!