Looking for new friends 50+

Options
I am at this still and would love to have some new buddies ;)

Replies

• dvgoad
    dvgoad Posts: 4
    Options
    Much to my surprise I turned 60 this past fall. WHEN did that happen? I have a desk job and decided I needed to get some exercise and take off some weight (when did I put this on!!!) I tried a body pump class - thought I was going at my own pace and then found I couldn't work my legs correctly for nearly a week - a week!! I got over that and then tried the class again - backing off even more. Okay, sore again, but this was workable. Before the soreness was gone I stepped off a curb that was higher than I thought and hyper-extended my back and hurt my SI joint. I spend the next three weeks grimacing in pain with every move. Going from standing to sitting and back was nearly unbearable. The only relief I got was to walk, slowly, but when i was walking I didn't feel that stabbing pain. I've now signed up with a personal trainer to take things slower and under controlled supervision. My SI joint teased at me, but I still did my homework and stretching. This time the pain was only two days. I am ready for 2013 to be my year to move without stiffness and to lose 30 pounds - more is welcome, but I'm trying to stay realistic. :love:
  • Lynate
    Lynate Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, My name is Lynate. I am 62 yrs old & new to this cite. I need to loose 15 to 20 lbs. Hope I can make some new friends too.
    I work as a checker in a Grocery store, so I am on my feet all day. I just want to get off my feet at the end of the day, so hard to exercise & with no set hours. Hope I can find like people in my age group for inspiration.
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me as a friend, I always need motivation and will support you with your weight loss as well.. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • minime39ib
    minime39ib Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey there over 50 and trying to drop some weight ..sure doesnt come off like it did when i was 35. Started on a low carb diet this time.. This is new for me and man hard than counting calories
  • brandtsw
    Options
    Hello, I'm over 50...feel free to add me if you want....I will support and motive you...:)
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and a working caregiver -- joined MFP via Caregiving.com. In 2001-2002 I lost 60 lbs through a low-carb diet (my profile picture is me then & serves as my inspiration) and then put almost all of it back on. I'm now just short of 30 lbs away from my goal weight -- as long as I keep doing the right things I'll get there when I get there. More important, I'm working to break my lifelong yo-yo gig by finding (a) sustainable eating and fitness practices and (b) substitute responses to stress.