Been Registered for a while but finally ready to start..

Options
I've been registered on this site for a while but I'm finally ready to start. I'm just sick of eating so much and feeling disgusted with myself, sick of being out of breath, sick of feeling like I can't go do things because of my size, just sick of being fat!!! I have no idea where to start, I'm going to try to count calories and exercise 5x a week.. but I have no idea what recipes are healthy, what to make, etc. I've used the app on my phone off and on to count calories but I can never seem to keep up with it.. but I'm ready to change now, I want to get this weight off and be healthy and feel good about myself and how I look.

Replies

• Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been registered for a while and not really got going so today I have started today and feel motivated. I think counting calories and exercising is a good place to start as is eating lots of veg and keeping away from processed and refined foods. One of my problems is picking so I will try and avoid this other than the healthy snacks that are on my diet. We CAN do it! Feel free to send me a friend request :smile:
  • claireb12
    claireb12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You can add me if you like, last year I used MFP and lost 20lbs but since Sept I've put this back on!!! However I'm determined this year to loose it and keep it off and like you I need the motivation & support.
  • giggles1947
    Options
    It's gotten too cold in NH and icy roads. Going to join Planet Fitness tomorrow.
  • Lizzie1014
    Lizzie1014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You and I sound alike. I am on a fitness mission in 2013.
  • Lizzie1014
    Lizzie1014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Keep your head up.
  • Rowdy00
    Options
    Sounds like the same way I have been feeling. We can all do this together. We all need the support! You are welcome to add me as a friend if it would help! Most of my friends have not been on for a few months. :bigsmile:
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's gotten too cold in NH and icy roads. Going to join Planet Fitness tomorrow.

I was thinking of joining PF too. It's getting too cold for me to go for walks. Plus, the new years' promotion thing they have is really good. I hope I go regularly though. It's so hard to wake up in the morning when its cold outside and warm in my bed!
  • lisalcompton
    lisalcompton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i signed up last year and didn't keep up - but I'm dedicated to doing it this year. I love support, giving support and being positive.
    If you'd like to add me I'd be happy to help you along your journey and you can help me.

I started a blog for my own writing so I can read/track my movement and thoughts.

I find the more people that I involve in my support the better I do - Accountability!!!

Happy New Year I welcome the journey - I have over 140 pounds to lose, but 2.7 pounds per week -- one week at a time.

Blessings
    Lisa
    Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect. - Alan Cohen -
  • DJMartins
    Options
    Found the app for the iPad and loaded it up, how cool, now I can easy set my targets and see how I am going. Anyone wanting to friend an Aussie guy feel free, time to get fit after a shoulder recon last year and gained a bit much weight.

Derick
  • mamallama0925
    Options
    Sounds like there's a lot of the "signed up a while ago, but just not motivated yet" going around...must be something in the air right? I think maybe we all need to add each other and maybe together we can actually pull this off...don't know about anybody else but goodness knows no matter how hard I try I can't do this all by myself :)

Here's to a new year...and a new us! :)
  • acrowson73
    acrowson73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That post could've been written by me!
    I'm the same, been registered for a while too but starting tomorrow (had stuff on today so thought it would be more sensible to start tomorrow)
    Good luck everyone!!