Discouraged by your Ticker?

Options
***IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THE PARAGRAPH, SKIP TO THE BOTTOM!! :)***
I have been fighting with myself these past couple of minutes about my Ticker.. Tickers are supposed to keep you motivated, but you know how they say if you set a big goal you feel like you can't reach it? I want to set my goal to my ticker, but it seems as though the strawberries on my ticker will NOT get there in time!! And if I put the small goals, it will take me forever to reach that goal because I forget that I need to push foward...so what works with y'all? Do you guys take baby steps or just put the whole big goal weight to reach? What works best with your situations and your goals that you have planned?
~~~~~
Which works best for you, having a small goal on your ticker and taking baby steps, or a large one that has everything you want to achieve at a certain date?

Replies

• malex0710
    Options
    howe abaute 2 tickers? one main goal and 1 with a smaler goal
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I went for it and put my first big goal, then if I want to do more after I will change it. It reminds me how hard I need to work to keep focused on that goal, no matter how far away it seems.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have to work short term. so I would do a short term ticker, but join a long term challenge, say a month or more.
    I have to lose 20 inches from my hips to fit into my pants which are a normal size, and a reasonable goal,
    but if I think about how many inches it is it's sooo overwhelming. so I know how you feel.

also, if I keep track of my cals burned it's motivating
    say to burn 500 a day or 1000 a day, or by the week.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the big ticker but what I have done is added mini goals in my profile. I have the date and how many down I want to be. It definitely is hard seeing how much I have to lose so I find this helps.
  • ReachingNEON
    ReachingNEON Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Heh...yeah..everyone is doing the mini goals..I should start...lol thanks for the opinions yall :)
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    howe abaute 2 tickers? one main goal and 1 with a smaler goal

^^This!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have the big ticker, but I love it. Every single pound makes me really happy!! But I don't try to look at it as how much I have to lose or how far I have to go. I just try to focus on all the hard work I've put in so far! :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Long term goals work better for me. I like seeing that big number.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I took baby steps because I don't really know what I want my goal weight to be. So I started with 150, then 140, but thought I could make it to 130, so 130 it is. When I get there I'll reevaluate...
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    I've never thought of doing mini goals...I like that idea
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hate that stupid ticker and wish I could remove it.... Anyone know how?
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    For me, because my ultimate goal will have me losing over 200 pounds, I go with the smaller goals on my ticker. I can't look at the big picture at this time. It is too big. But I can look at it in pieces. I have mine set up where it shows how far I've come instead of how far I still need to go, so that helps.
    This is just me, though. Everyone has different mindsets and sees things differently. For me, it is much more encouraging for me to think, "I have lost 56 pounds!" than to think "I still have 152 pounds to go."
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 60 lbs, but I don't keep that on my ticker anymore because it was several years ago. I put on my ticker the tiny bit I am battling now.
  • GiftsbyNature
    GiftsbyNature Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    To me it's motivation. I was hesitant to put mine up cause I slid back and gained 20lbs I had lost earlier in the year but when I changed it to how much I had lost not how much more I had to go, it proved to keep me positive. I had done that...I can certainly do this - kinda of thing.