Greetings, does anyone else like Zumba?

Options
Hello,
It is the new year. I surely need to do something to amp up my slowing metabolism, and to monitor my eating habits. I weighed myself this morning, and after catching my breath, I decided to sign up here. I have Zumba Fitness (collecting dust...so I brushed it off and started up again) and was surprised that I could not find Zumba in the list of exercises. I did find Tae Bo. Good luck to us all.

Replies

• AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I LOVE Zumba. I have 2 of the games on wii and do the occasional class when it's offered at my gym. I was considering buying the 3rd game, or the Zumba Fitness dvds. Are the dvds any good?
    Good luck to you on your journey :)
  • chriserob
    Options
    Hi.I do wii zumba everyday.I used calorie burn calculator to find out how many calories it burned,you can google it,tells you everything.Hope this helps..good luck.
  • fillingame
    fillingame Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I LOVE doing Zumba! My gym offers it twice a week and then around town there are 2/3 free classes a week. You should check to see if local churches have free zumba in your city... thats where ours is held, and I am not in a big city!!!

I use the dancing cardio for my log.... any other suggestions?

:)

I'm also looking for friends... add me if you'd like!
  • Mellie872
    Options
    Hey there!

I absolutely love Zumba! It's so much fun and I don't feel like a dope while doing it. I'm very overweight and I love that there are people of all ranges in my class.

I am beginning a new class on the 8th of January. Once a week, one hour. I'm pumped!

I tried doing the Zumba DVDs at home but I found it to be very boring. Seeing other people dancing and shaking around like silly people is part of the fun!
  • sassylis
    sassylis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba! I have so much fun~~ I forget I'm actually burning calories! I look forward to going each time!
  • ScenicArchon
    Options
    I've just brought two Zumba games for the Xbox kinect. I can't wait for them to get here. I use to go to Zumba classes but gave them up so I'm trying to get back into Zumba first with the games then I might try classes again.
  • zanne69
    Options
    Thanks! I have Zumba Fitness for the Xbox Kinect. I have also taken a few classes, which helps me to understand the video game steps. I do not have the DVDs. I have the most fun at class, but I can't always fit it into my schedule.
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a class yet but I just got Zumba Rush for my Xbox kinect and it's a lot of fun! I always finish in a better mood than when I started, even when I am in a good mood to begin with. Someday when I have the $$ I would love to take a class.
  • NEWBABY4LIFE
    Options
    Love it
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba a few times a week. Your best bet is to look at buying a heart rate monitor. I have the polar ft4 and love it. Everyone burns calories different so it's hard to guess, even using an online calculator, how much you burned. It depends on your weight and your intensity.

Best of luck to you and keep on dancing!

Sheila:flowerforyou:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Zumba??? Are you kidding!!! LUV IT!! I even went when I had a broken baby toe! Couldn't do anything on my tippy-toes, tho. At least not for several months.

And for calories...look up ZumbaCalories.com (I think that's it), and you can put in your weight, and it will "guestimate" your calories. You do the input in MFP so the exercise will be there.

LUV IT!!

Also, there are about 190,000 people here, and we have 186 classes every week!! If you look up Zumba.com and put in your zipcode, they will let you know all the classes in your area.

I have tried both the classes and the DVD, but the classes are SOOOOOOO much better in my opinion!
  • kimjean
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Zumba is great exercise--good cardio and a fair number of strengthening moves, as well. Enjoy! It's my favorite way to work out. I'm a little lazy otherwise. I have the Zumba DVD's, but if I can get to a class, that is the best. The energy that others bring is exhilirating!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I started out taking classes last year from Jan-May and then also got Zumba for Wii in the Spring and have been mixing that into my workout routine ever since. It is great for toning!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Do I like it? Check out my name...I'm a lady that loves Zumba. I love it so much I teach it.
    The games and videos are great but take it from me a live class is where you want to be!
    Good luck with all of your goals!
  • sassylis
    sassylis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I try to go every week day if possible and i just started a boot camp as well, so I will be doing that in combo w/Zumba.
  • lilbrowngirlsj
    lilbrowngirlsj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have some of the DVD's and they're extra fun! I do Zumba at the gym right now, since we don't have room in the house yet. :)
  • eperezamora
    eperezamora Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! have been doing in once a week since January. My gym increased the days, so i will be able to do it 2 times a week starting this week. so looking forward to it!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE Zumba fan! Best cardio EVER!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I am a Zumba Freak!!!
  • meredithkrueger
    Options
    MFP has it as "Zumba ® Fitness".

I LOVE Zumba too!! I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 90-Day Body Revolution but do Zumba on my cardio days. I just ordered "TurboFire" (by Beachbody) from NewEgg.com and it looks similiar to Zumba. It is Cardio Dance and has some of the same moves that Zumba has. It is a 90 day program also and I CANNOT wait to try it!

And, get an HRM. I got one about 3 weeks ago and realized I was over, and under, calculating most of my exercise, including Zumba.