I start today

Options
Today I start. I have used this site before, but never really allowed myself to fully immerse myself into the program. The the holidays approached. Can't really start a program then. So here I am. A month ago, I was at 225. A couple of days ago, i hit 235. 10 pounds. (No kidding, right at this moment, as I was typing this, I took a sip of tea, and had sudden, severe chest pain that felt like the tea had gotten stuck on the way down.) Better now. I blame that on the weight. the second time this has happened today.

Now I am motivated. I a tired all of the time. I get winded just walking. I have eaten too much, smoked too much, and drank way too much. Quit smoking 7 months ago. Now time to cut down on the alcohol, and eat better. I will see how it goes. wish me luck and provide encouragement when you can. Part of my motivation plan is to post here regularly to document my progress.

Replies

• Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck on your journey.
    Also if your tired all the time you should get your blood sugar checked.
  • sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wishing you luck!
  • rocksnake
    Options
    Good for you. I am your age, female and I am going to try to use this program better than in past. Made a great many lifestyle changes last year. Can't do everything at once. Good start by cutting smoking. As we get older, we feel things more than younger years. I am trying to get remaining 60 lbs off to reach my goal weight. Happy New Year. You can do it and next year you'll want to do more.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm wishing you the best of luck. Stick with it and take it seriously and you'll see results.
  • jgreeley68
    Options
    I'm a newbie! Just started today. Although I'm new to mfp, I'm not new to dieting. I'm dont with diets! They don't work. The best thing that worked for me was tracking what I eat, getting up and moving more (even when I didn't feel like it), and watching, measuring and weighing what I ate. After about a month of doing that, I didn't have to be so meticulous. It became habit. Lost the battle when a young adult child of mine moved back home with her fiance and she was pregnant. She didn't take on our lifestyle, we reverted back to hers. I'm not kicking myself tho. Live and learn. It's a journey and life changing experience. It's not going to happen over night, but IT WILL HAPPEN! I wish you all the luck in the world. If you ever need support or motivation, drop me a line! We're all here trying to do the same thing. Let's do it!!!
  • healthyme_2013
    Options
    Today I start too! I've been here before as well, twice actually. The past is the past and today is the first day of the rest of my life! We can do this - good job on finding your way back - wishing you all the successes possible in your journey to health ;)
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to start your way towards better health today! I made that decision 5 months ago, and am determined that this will be my new lifestyle. I have lost 75 lbs so far. It is not always easy. At last weeks weigh in I was -80 lbs. The holidays hit me hard as well! It was my first week without a loss, and a 5 lb gain completely shocked me. Hoping it's mostly water weight...ha.

I don't want to alarm you, but I have to say that the chest pain symptoms you mentioned worry me. I am surprised nobody else commented on that. Those are some of the symptoms you hear people describe that led up to their heart attack. I would encourage you to make an appt with your doctor tomorrow to have it checked out. Better to be proactive about your health!

I wish you luck in your journey!! We can do this!
  • carrielou51765
    Options
    I started today too, I quit smoking 2 weeks ago due to some really bad bronchitis. The last time I quit smoking, I gained 20 lbs in a 3 MONTHS. I have to do this right this time.
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Just stay committed and you can do it. Don't worry about length of time or the big picture, just take baby steps.