Venison ideas

coachjade1
coachjade1 Posts: 7 Member
Hello!
My freezer is full of venison and I have my standard recipes that we eat and LOVE, but I'm looking for some more healthier fair as this Momma is working on making some healthier choices. Cooking with a crockpot is our sanity as we both work full time and coach part time and our young children are involved in activities so the crockpot makes coming home less hectic. Any ideas anyone? Thanks-- I love this site! :)

Replies

• Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Normally what we do is marinade the venison in Zesty Italian dressing overnight and then grill it. That, with some veggie sides and a salad is super good! I actually just came across a venison stew that I am trying for tomorrow night. Its a crock pot stew, here's the link:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1712,154177-241206,00.html

I just googled venison recipes because I also have a freezer stuffed with venison and need to start eating it!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Skinnyms.com has a whole section of crockpot recipes! I'm sure you could sub whatever meat the recipes call for, and it would be just fine! I've made quite a few of the recipes myself, and they're really good.
  • coachjade1
    coachjade1 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks!!