How to log P90X workouts?

Options
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I was just wondering if there was an easy way to log P90X workouts? Any advice.... Any would be appreciated!

Replies

• jmaille
    jmaille Posts: 7
    Options
    When there is an exercise that isn't in the database, I just google the exercise and see if I can find the calories. Then, you can add your own exercise to the database. I know there is also a good website that shows you calories for all kinds of things, but I can't remember what it is at the moment.
  • lisawyckoff
    Options
    I'm also on P90X. I had to add my own workouts. Pretty easy to do. I always underestimate my calories so I'm sure I don't eat over what I burned. Most folks, including a friend who is a personal trainer, say 500-600 calories depending on how much you "bring it," but I almost always say 300 (100 for X Strtech).
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    When you search for P90X and don't find anything, click the link on the bottom to "add a new exercise". Then type in P90X or however you want to log your workout.

In terms of calories, set your activity level to high and manually change the daily goal to 1800. P90X doesn't really work with the MFP module of cutting and "earning" calories because heavy strength training does more than just burn calories. We're training our muscles to absorb fat and burn more calories while we're not working out. And in order to accomplish that, we have to keep our muscles fueled properly.

You can find the main P90X thread here if you have other questions or concerns:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/89626-p90x-starting-a-new-thread