Need some encouragement and cheering up. :/

Options
groversa
groversa Posts: 450 Member
So I have been using a scale at my moms when I visit. From looking at that one I have seen a lot of progress! I just bought a scale for myself, and it says I am 7 pounds MORE than the scale I started using. :( Bummer mood. I thought I was doing so well! (To put a cherry on top, its that time of the month, which brings my mood down even easier. ) ugh.

Replies

• k8ecakes
    Options
    It could just be water weight. Your body retains salt/water when its that special tom. Try again in a week :) you are bound to see progress!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    All scales weigh differently. I weigh about 3 pounds less at my doctor's office than I do on my scale. I just go by my scale at home to keep track of the loss. Keep track on your new scale...I'm sure you'll see progress.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    All scales weigh differently. I weigh about 3 pounds less at my doctor's office than I do on my scale. I just go by my scale at home to keep track of the loss. Keep track on your new scale...I'm sure you'll see progress.

This is what I was going to say. It could just be the difference between scales. Try your best to always use the same scale.
  • FitMomForLifeMunro
    Options
    Hi Honey! Use the same scale and weigh at the same time...me - morning - completely naked! :) But don't rely on the scale...go by how your clothes feel. Lift weights - heavy weight - and build lean muscle to replace fat - plus muscle speeds up your metabolism! HUGS!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. Could most definetly be the difference between scales. Keep doing your thing.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I use a Digital Salter scale, and I check accuracy by putting a 6kg Kettlebell on it regularly. That works well enough for me.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ they said it all you know if i use the scale in the front room i weigh this much then i move it to the bathroom and get a different reading. the scale is evil and out to get me