Replies

• SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That is so great. Good for you.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    fantastic! I remember a similar experince in 1996 when I weighed closeto 300 pounds. I am now at 196. so happy for you
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    That is an absolutely wonderful NSV. Congratulations on all your hard work and the concrete evidence that it is paying off.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    WOOOO HOOOOO

Sometimes NSV can more gratifying then the scale going down!
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!! It's those little things that made a such a big difference and can help us keep motivated to continue moving forward. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Amazing moment! Thanks for sharing, that put a huge smile on my face. Keep up the great work! :)
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I know that had to be an exciting victory!!
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! What a wonderful achievement. You should be very proud of this.

I flew for work on New Years Eve (two plane trips in one day) and for the FIRST TIME, not only did I not have to ask for a seatbelt extender, but I fit in the very tiny seat (small tin-pot country plane) without spilling under the armrest to take over the next person's space AND the seatbelt sat low as it's supposed to (not high at my navel). It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it.
  • rachaelps
    rachaelps Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • jeepgirl4ever
    Options
    What a great feeling! That is awesome, keep it up. I'm so happy for you.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!, so happy for you!!!!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    No, that is not little and insignificant!! That is huge!! Awesome!! Woohoo!! Congratulations! NSV's are much better!
  • craigja
    craigja Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you to all for the kind words. This site is great!! It's so powerful to reply with a simple congratulations. We're all in this together. Of the millions on this site we all have common issues and stuggles. It's nice we can all help each other with a few kind words!!

Happy New Year to all!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This does not sound stupid at all. It's a real issue forus 'full figured' people and I would presume something we all stress about when flying. Congratulations....you clearly have been working hard!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! it is not stupid whatsoever.

At my hightest weight I can remember the arm rest on the planes not coming all the way down. I had to hold it down with my arm.
    Well I flew this past October and I almost thought that maybe they made the seats bigger becuase not only did I fit, there was plenty of room to spare :)

So I get where you are coming from. GREAT JOB!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot too and am so happy for you. Congratulations! That is not a small victory, it is a major one.
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful story! Congrats on your great progress, and thanks for sharing!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous.... the best part of your story is that you were happy and that you can do it.... You are doing great with 87 pounds gone..... good luck on your next goal. Thanks for sharing. : ) Happy 2013
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!!
  • ltweaver
    Options
    Wow -- that is *such* a big moment!

I have to admit, I dread flying now for this reason - I still "fit" into the regular seats, but I need a seat belt extender much of the time. Imagine my embarrassment when I was lucky enough to get an emergency exit seat (I'm very tall) and found out that if I couldn't use the regular seat-belt, I couldn't sit there! (I sucked it in, but barely).

Your story was really inspirational - congrats - I'm very happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!