1 year in

Options
I started with MFP on Jan 2nd 2012. My starting weight was 220lbs and I was in a size 16/18. Today I'm at about 164 and a size 8!! So here's hoping for another year as successful as 2012!

1year_zps529b6afd.jpg

Replies

• Jlstreck
    Jlstreck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm curious because I started in May at 217, size 18 and NYE weighed in at 157 also in size 8. IT feels so awesome doesn't it?! CONGRATULATIONS:drinker:
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm 5'7"
  • midwestveggie
    midwestveggie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice work, you look amazing!
  • islandjumper
    Options
  • portergolf
    Options
    WoW! Awesome job!
  • caramel1920
    Options
    You are AWESOMENESS!!!!!:happy:
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow wjhat a great transformation. You look great.
  • islandjumper
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Great job, you look amazing :-)
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    great job!!!! :D
  • HealthyDivans
    HealthyDivans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing & very inspiring!! What sort of goals did you do to lose the weight?
  • islandjumper
    Options
    Thanks!
    Amazing & very inspiring!! What sort of goals did you do to lose the weight?
    I didn't really set concrete goals as far as loss goes...it was more of a 'one day at a time' approach. I had my daily calorie goal and stuck to it, but not so severely that I wasn't happy. I didn't weigh my food or anything so drastic, but I was honest about what I ate. I've taken a few breaks but continued eating sensibly. My ultimate goal is 140 lbs, just another 23.5 away! but I'm flexible about it.
    When I first started I had a goal to get rid of sugar...and I kept it up for 3 months. I stopped drinking sugary drinks and even putting sugar in my tea. I had a goal to move every day...so I started walking every day before dinner. That lasted until my workouts became more intense, then I started taking days off. I didn't step foot in a gym until a couple months ago (I got the membership for winter running)...I didn't work out just to work out. I did things I enjoyed, like dance classes, yoga, hiking. I still hate going to the gym.
    My main goals with fitness revolved around running. I started from scratch, did the C25k program and have kept running since I finished it.
    Too elaborate or did I answer your question?
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats!
  • islandjumper
    Options
    :-) Thanks all!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!! Congrats to you!!
  • Annie_Bee70
    Annie_Bee70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome effort - very inspiring! I am also 5'7". I gave up sugar and alcohol on 1 Jan. So far 2 kgs down since Christmas :-)
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    KUDOS to you! You have the tools and obviously the willpower to do it! I wish you all the success you choose to shoot for! Happy New Year to a SLIM you! Woo Hoo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!