My how things have changed since last year

Options
AuntieKT
AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
So today we had Christmas with my Dad's side of the family. I decided to go sledding with a bunch of my little cousins. We had somewhat of a longish walk to get to the hill. Then we went up and down the hill for quite a while. After we were all done, I drug one of my little cousins back home on the sled to reward her for getting her sled to go the furthest. A few hours later one of the cousins that went sledding that is my age and in ok shape came up to me and told me that his legs already felt sore from all the activity. I thought to myself, "huh, I don't feel sore at all". A year ago today and a hundred pounds heavier, I probably wouldn't have even GONE sledding because I was so out of shape, let alone looked forward to the exercise and enjoyed myself the whole time. Every day I am amazed with how much more enjoyable my life is now and just completely baffled at why it took me so many miserable years before I finally decided to do something about it. If you are just starting on your journey, or you are struggling to stay on track, just remember that your health is SO worth any amount of effort you have to put in to achieve it. YOU are worth it! Happy New Year to all of MyFitnessPals. Thank you for all of the support you have given me over the last year. I truly hope that 2013 is the very best year for all of us!

Replies

• layapooh15
    layapooh15 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    yay!!!!!!!!!im glad you could o that now:))
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    Nice job!! I am sure that felt great!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And so true!! Really happy for you that you figured it out now and can enjoy a wonderful, long future of being healthy!

p.s. It is even more fun when you out sled (run, lift, etc.) someone YOUNGER than you! :smile:
  • 214julie
    214julie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Awesome! Love this story!
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great post! No more sitting on the sidelines for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!