People who have lost 100 pounds +

Options
What was your biggest 'thing' you did to lose so much weight please ? :)

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lost 90. The biggest thing I did isn't earth shattering - I counted calories, set a limit, and watched my intake. I cut out ALL sugar soda and fruit drinks.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Cutting soda, drinking water instead, counting calories, exercise were main things for me I think. Oh and being consistent and sticking to it!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What was your biggest 'thing' you did to lose so much weight please ? :)

Joined MFP ... Stopped drinking beer ... started weighing my food .. fell in love with the gym ... go to the gym everyday ... work hard ... turns out working hard pays off ...
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As a mother I began to put all things above myself...and did so for 16 years. Therefore, my biggest weight loss motivator was me...finding the me I forgot existed, finding life and joy in what had become my own personal hell.

The one thing that truly impacted my success was hitting rock bottom and becoming furious with the circumstances in which I was living. I was the only one standing in the way of my success...nobody forced food in my mouth...it was my doing. I changed my eating habits...I ate healthy...I quit making excuses...I started walking, and in the process I found cuteness emerging...confidence that had been hidden...life that had been loss.

Today, I AM the me I was supposed to be and I'm a better wife & mother because I put me first!
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I lost over a hundred before I joined MFP. What I did, was just started eating healthy and quit eating crap. I’ve been eating healthy for almost a year and a half. It sucks, but after awhile it sucks less. This site is awesome and it will help. Good luck and stick with it, and remember it is not an quick and easy fix.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 170 pounds....the biggest thing was prolly trying to enjoy the journey....i made it like a hobby...read everything i could....watched documentarys...made it my passion...once i got in that headspace everything else followed :)
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Dont give up :) I been using this app for the last few months and I have lost almost 46 pounds, challenging my body and making changes. Really no one really realizes everything you put in your mouth until you start tracking your intake. If I can do I know you can do it buddy :) . I am currently at 166 lbs a big difference from when I use to weigh 350lbs. I lost 150 lbs on my own by just walking and eating right. Keep on motivating yourself if you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia