Dealing with a lack of enthusiasm from my friends/family

Options
This is mostly regarding some free workouts I found.

http://startnew-habits.tumblr.com/workout
http://www.youtube.com/feed/playlists
this is my channel, playlists of workouts and music
I didn't make any videos

Many of them on youtube.
I've been looking on the internet for challenging, great workouts, hopefully by a real instructor
most of all they needed to be free. So over time, I've compiled a list. Most recently saw a link on
here with I would say is the holy grail of lists of workouts and links to workout videos.
this girl must have spent years or at least months gathering info and posting the links.

in addition to this I made my own playlist on youtube several hours long.

Now, in their defense I spend many conversations talking about the great healthy thing/food/tip
I found and discussed it with them, but I was so excited about this. such a big deal to me.
and the reaction was eh.
an emailed thanks, she appreciated it I know, but she's busy, and another friend who emailed thanks.
my mom wasn't understanding why I'm trying to find the videos at all.
I have workout equipment. easy-variety. it's more fun. I'm sorry bit weight lifting is boring.
I shared the playlist with a few people. asked for comments
the only comments, other than my own kids, was that she didn't know most of those songs.

Am I missing something? I'm trying to mentally get myself pumped and want to workout and do all that stuff
and actually do it. this isn't something I'm dwelling on, but it's not helping.

How can you not be excited?

Replies

• Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    Thanks for the addy! But I know.. It's hard.. If peeps aren't on the same wagon as you.. It seems they don't get very excited.. Even my hubby is hit or miss.. Thank goodness for MFP!! Most of us will always be grateful for any new info or ideas!! 30 day Shred kicked my butt.. Hoping my back injury will ease up enough for me to do it again to get a jump start on my exercise! Keep it up!!
  • farren_talon
    farren_talon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That kind of thing has happened to me, only whenever I share how to prepare a food in a yummy low calorie/low carb way none of my friends/family ('cept 1 who's doing the same as me) show any kind of excitement or support for how long it took to make something or how I came up with the combination for the food.

Really, some people just don't get excited about exercising/eating right and aren't interested. Sometimes in order to get excited about things you have to surround yourself with like minded people (like those on this website)!

Keep up all the work you've done! Just hearing about that is absolutely awesome and inspiring. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Really, some people just don't get excited about exercising/eating right and aren't interested. Sometimes in order to get excited about things you have to surround yourself with like minded people (like those on this website)!

This!!! If I cared whether or not my family and friends in real life were super excited about the things I'm excited about, I'd be a very sad person. I'm very into healthy eating and exercise, but most people I know just go "meh, whatever" if the subject comes up. It's ok, cuz I don't really get charged up by the things they love, either. (Luckily, my spouse is fully on board with my interests. That helps.) So go ahead and be excited. Don't let other people's lack of enthusiasm keep YOU from enjoying the things that make you happy! Just come here to share! :flowerforyou:
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are just tired of hearing about it because they are not interested in fitness personally??

I have family members that have hobbies that are of no interest to me what so ever..I will chit chat about those things occasionally with them..but if they started emailing me details or links about the stuff I would be like--what the heck?? I wouldn't take offense that they don't respond so enthusiastically..it is just isn't their interest..but we are interested here--so thanks for sharing!!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it definitely helps to have online people that get it. For the real life people I get that they are tired of it.
    I thought my mom (who lives out of state and I don't talk to often ) would be interested more
    , because she said she was going to start (losing weight) in Jan. when she got home.
    It probably is lack of motivation on her part showing through. She has P90 X and she's not
    interested in hearing about anything else to add variety.

I only sent the links to a few online fitness buddies, that's why I was surprised with the lack of reaction.
    It's possible they have just been busy, or less than motivated too.

I'm really glad the year is started already, so the challenges that we've joined can start.