Turning 30!

Options
Hey there! I am not new to myfitness pal; I have been here before. I left long before achieving my goals... but I'd like this time to be different and I'd like 2013 to be my year! I am turning 30 in December 2013 and I'd like to achieve a significant portion of my weight loss goals by then! Would love to turn 30 and feel better than I've ever felt... because let's face it, 30 is the new 20! Sure? Sure. I'm looking for some new weight loss friends, particularly those who have 80+ to lose or perhaps you've lost it and would like to offer up some tips, insight and motivation! Any and all friends are welcome though :)

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and I'm starting again myself...determined this year! :) Best of luck to you, and feel free to add me if you'd like!!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    I have lost the 80lbs and I can tell you it is achievable.. you are welcome to add me.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You can add me!! I am currently 30 (turning 31 in July) and have about 100 lbs to lose. Lets do it!!
  • Jamie_Barnes
    Jamie_Barnes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I am Jamie. I will be 30 in March 2013. I really wish my life was a little different from what it is now. I wish that I wasn't single. I am so tired of being alone.
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So far, I'm the next to turn 30! Feb 6th! Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Timeforhealth2013
    Options
    I too have a lot to lose! We can do this, with much hard work and dedication it can be done!! Feel free to add me!
  • 31gotogirl
    Options
    Add me too! I am not new to MFP either and I sure thought I would start 1/1/13 with a bang. Instead I have felt sluggish with a horrible headache (and not even a sip of alcohol to celebrate). The treadmill is begging for attention. One foot in front of the other. I feel like if I want to live I just have to do this. Why do I make it so difficult to get moving? I can do really good for a long while and be so happy with my achievements and how I feel and then undo it all with a bag of twisted cheetohs. Time to start anew and what better time, right?!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Track accurately and religiously. Track everything (calories, weight, measurements and etc.). Track when it's embarrassing, track when you would rather not, track when you think you've given up on exercising, track constantly and consistently. When there is uncertainty and you are tracking food, estimate high. When there is uncertainty and you are tracking exercise, estimate low. Be completely emotionally indifferent as to whether you exceed your net calorie goal on any individual day but be zealous about staying under the total for the week. Shrug off set backs (because there will be set backs) and revel in victories. Most of all remember that the road is long and no individual step is important but the journal is crucial.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I was going to say before..... maybe as a reward for all your hard work you can celebrate your weight loss and your 30th birthday in VEGAS!
  • bdubs1224
    bdubs1224 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just "re-joined" MFP too. Just turned 31 in Dec. I have about 60+ lbs to lose. Add me :-) We got this!!
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm also turning 30 this year....and I'm doing it in Vegas. The reward will be a a healthier, stronger me...ready to finally have another birthday, run my first marathon this year, and eep...maybe baby next year?

Love and support.

Add me? Make me accountable?
  • emmymgt
    emmymgt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request! I'm turning 30 this month :( I have at least 60 lbs to lose (quite possibly more)
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    I have a post on here from the other day called 30 and Falling Apart - I know how you feel! My first goal is small, but I have a large amount to lose over all! If you want to be friends - I'm here for support!!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 this year too. Oct 30th. Not really excited about it. I'm hoping to not be single by then and to be pretty close to my weight loss goal. I started MFP in August 2012 with 74lbs to lose, I only have 60 more to go.
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've lost 83 pounds and will be turning 30 in a little over a year. It can be done, I am proof of that. Never thought I would make it but determination helped a lot. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Jett8888
    Jett8888 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'll be 34 in May. Have already lost 68 lbs since 3/2012. Finally under 100 lbs to go. Feel free to add me. Can always use more support.
  • vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well, I will be turning 50 on April 1, 2013. I got lazy in my 40s and can tell you exercise is the key! I have about 30 to lose and its harder. I will be starting some strength training also this year as a goal. Anyone on here please add me as a friend and we can support each other!
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 back in April 2012. I have about 80 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me! :-)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Well, I will be turning 50 on April 1, 2013. I got lazy in my 40s and can tell you exercise is the key! I have about 30 to lose and its harder. I will be starting some strength training also this year as a goal. Anyone on here please add me as a friend and we can support each other!
    I turned 30 back in April 2012. I have about 80 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me! :-)

Wow good to see fellow ariens here :D I'll be 34 this April 6th.

To the OP, I was overweight in my teens, then lost weight in my late teens when I had EDNOS then got way overweight in my 20's after recovering from an ED that eventually led to obesity when I turned 30. And its only when I turned 32 that I started getting into good shape. In fact right now I wear jeans and clothes sizes that I last wore when I was a normal weight 11 yr old tween!

I'm sure you can do it too. Feel free to add me
  • rissaloses
    rissaloses Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to reach my goal of 114lb loss by my 30th birthday in March of 2014.