Any Jillian Michaels enthusiasts?

Options
I'm looking into purchasing one of her workout dvds, but I'm not sure which one! Anyone have a good experience with them and want to give me a suggestion? :)

Replies

• bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    just completed 30DS shred and liked it. i think that is where most people start with JM dvd's. i just started RI30 today and really enjoyed it, but no way i could have done it successfully w/out completing 30DS 1st.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love J.M's dvds. I completed 30 day Shred, Ripped in 30, and Shred & Shred in that order. . I did my last one last July right before I started training for my first marathon. Plan to start them up again tomorrow. You can checkout my profile pic for the results. I think they are an excellent buy for $10 each. You'll have own personal trainer in your home.
  • luckyblueeye
    luckyblueeye Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also have 3 of her DVDs...and I would start with 30 Day Shred. It's much harder than I thought it would be, and you can always increase your weights and step it up to a harder level. This is probably my 5th or 6th time doing 30DS...you will see results within your first week as long as you eat right and really give it your all :)
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, start with the 30ds. Even if you find it hard, keep at it as you'll amaze yourself at how fast your body learns to keep up. Once you finish that one you'll be ready for any of her other dvd's. Her 90 day body revolutions series is good as starts out at the complete beginner level and progressively gets harder. But it is $$$.
  • horrorfan91
    Options
    I own all JM dvd's and love all of them! I did just get no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism for christmas so i will se how that one goes. At first I did 30 day shred followed by 6w6p the killer buns and thighs take before and after pics you will see a major difference within 30 days!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    30Day shred is on youtube if you want a test run.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    You can find a lot of her stuff on YouTube without having to buy anything.

I did 30DS and had to stop midway thru level 2 because I got injured. I liked it...but sometimes I would get so mad at Jillian that I would start cussing at the TV telling her to shut the fak up :P
  • ct52577
    ct52577 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred. I found after there days I needed to take a break I can hardly walk I gore tomorrow I can do it again. But I still love Jillian Michael DVDs.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    LOVE JM dvds!! I have 30 DS, plan on getting ALL of her other ones.

I have only gotten half way through 30DS before and had stuff come up and fell off the wagon. But, just in 14 days, I took my belt in a notch, my belly was less round/more flat, my pants were loose, my ring was loose. I also ate pretty clean during that time.

I am about to start over tomorrow, and I am ordering her Body Revolution program this month to do after 30 ds.

:) I am looking forward to it!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS, RI30, burn fat boost metabolism and I'm now doing body revolution. My favourite so far has been RI30. Starting with 30DS (free on YouTube) would be a good start! Though, if you have the $$, body revolution would be great too because it starts out very slow and beginner for the first couple weeks.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS and RI30 (ok I have 2 to go), Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. Love them all but definitely would recommend starting with 30 Day Shred. The results from that are always amazing.
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have RI30 & Killer buns and thighs.
    I love love freakin LOVE RI30! You will get amazing results!
    KB&T'S I only done twice because I got struck down with glandular fever. :(
  • AnarchyCupcakes
    Options
    I just started her Shred with Weights (I bought Shred and Shredd too, but it looked scary). It's intense, and at my low fitness level I can't do it straight through... I take little breaks throughout to breath or do something a bit lighter intensity while the DVD plays, and then get right back in the second I feel like it's safe. I'm a big gal, but I never felt like if I did one of the moves I would hurt myself, which I liked. I wish I'd been able to find the 30 days shred, because I bet it's a bit more my speed.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I had amazing results with get body revolution. It's well worth the money! Just take a look at my before and after photos on my page. I've lost over 40 pounds and I'm repeating the program right now! Feel free to add me!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    She rocks
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Yep i am! Currently doing 30 ds, have also done yoga meltdown & banish fat boost metabolism ( all on youtube) and i just ordered her kickbox fat fix. Really enjoy her workouts, she is aweome!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm gonna do ripped in 30 once i finish 30 DS
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I started with 30DS like most people i think....i'd say it's a great start with her vids....Last year I'd use it as a 'quick' addition to a workout or on a really busy day, even if i didn't do the 30 days straight...but even just the 30 days straight is killer. I'd go with it as a starting point....plus you get a good feel for how she is in videos. I'm not sure if it's true, but others have said you can find the first part of 30 DS on Youtube, so you can try and check it out and see if it's on there, and if it is, if it's for you.
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love her dvds! I started with 30 day shred but I didn't finish it. I have killer buns and thighs that still needs a test run and I completed her banish fat boost metabolism dvd on friday - that killed me! I couldn't walk the day after! Tried her yoga dvd too but I turned it off because I wasn't that all into yoga :s will give it another go.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jillian Michaels! I am a total fitness dvd hoarder and the only ones I keep going back to are Jillian's!!! I think 30 day shred is the best place to start if you're a beginner. Ripped in 30 is the next step up and a little more challenging. If you're willing to pay for it (or find it somewhere online for free lol), I would suggest her 90 day system "Body Revolution". I'm on the 3rd Phase right now and I have gotten better results than I got from p90x! If you have any questions about any of her other dvds let me know because I seriously own every single one lol.