Good, healthy meal replacements??

Options
Bars or drinks?? Or anything else.... What are some with good macros and not a lot of sugar??

I would like some to keep with me or when i need something quick to eat... Or road trips etc...

I used to eat atkins advantage for little snacks, but now i'm wondering if theres something better....

K, thanks!

Replies

• misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Not meal replacements but the Clif mojo bars have the least amount of sugar that I've seen for an emergency snack. The most protein are the clif builder bars. (this is just what I've seen) No bar or drink is good for a meal replacement in my opinion. Most of them don't have one ingredient that the average person can pronounce. Pack a cooler with hard boiled eggs, individual servings of almonds, maybe some cheese sticks and other real food.
  • ashsec
    ashsec Posts: 16
    Options
    I also like clif mojo bars and Luna bars! My favorite meal replacement is the smoothies I make though :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Most of them don't not have one ingredient that the average person can pronounce. Pack a cooler with hard boiled eggs, individual servings of almonds, maybe some cheese sticks and other real food.

This. There isn't a reason to do meal replacement unless you insist on eating complete crap for your other meals. You can lose weight as long as you lower calories, but it's much healthier to eat a well balanced diet with real, whole food.
  • minihearts
    Options
    I like natural max skinny fast shake. 100 calories, 2g net carbs, 1g sugar, 2g sugar alcohols

16 g Protein from Whey and Calcium Caseinate.
    Lean Muscle Mass support from L-Leucine.
    Fat Metabolizing support from Calcium Phosphate and Raspberry Ketones.
    EFAs from Chia, Hemp and Flax.
    Fiber from Chicory Inulin, Chia, Hemp, Flax and Acacia.
    Energy support from L-Carnitine and Green Tea Extract.
    Satiety support from Chromium Arginate, Calcium Caseinate, Fructooligosaccharides, Chia, Hemp and Flax.
    Hunger Rescue! The incredible rich chocolate flavor will help you forget all about your past dieting challenges and give you the will power to keep going!
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do simple HOMEMADE....simple smoothies. Usually, frozen fruit, 1 cup of green, chia, 1 teaspoon of stevia and ice. Its 166 calories, and I do not indulge in storebought smoothies that are loaded with sugar.

So, 1 cup strawberry, 1 cup spinach, 2 tablespoons Chia, and 1 teaspoon of Stevia. (and will alternate the fruit and green veggies)

If you go with a protein bar, again, I suggest you make your own, you'll find them available online, and again I avoid the over the counter protein bars that are loaded with sugar.

Also, its very important to make sure your calorie count is at least 1200 calories a day. If you go lower, you will throw your body into starvation mode--and that will result in slowing your metabolism down and will cause you problems in your healthy weightloss journey.

Good luck! Happy New Year All!