I'm 40 now and not the "skinny girl" I was gonna be.

Options
Hello,

I'm the mother of 4 teenagers: A freshman in college, a senior in high school and a 7th and 8th grader.

I always said I was going to be the healthy skinny mom when I was that OLD forty-year-old. Ha! That didn't happen.

What has happened is that I have a lot of head knowledge but not a lot of heart. I have set and finished a lot of goals in my life, but I've never been consistent at weight loss. I'm not going back to WW where I was most successful because I can't fathom paying them another cent. What I am going to do is make a promise to myself each month to just work on that month and be consistent.

Happy New Year!

Add me, I need some pals.

Replies

• tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've used WW with success also but, like you, can't imagine paying them anymore money either. I caught myself using my points to eat whatever instead of making the healthy choices I needed to. This is our year....we can do this!
  • midwestveggie
    midwestveggie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have also been successful with WW in the past and was sick of paying. Also I feel like calories are in a lot of ways a better measurement because it is more widely used. Good luck to you, I just started also and am excited to start seeing/feeling results!
  • Cathelle
    Options
    I felt like I was reading about my own life. I'm not the "skinny girl" I was going to be either...I also have the knowledge but lack the heart.
    Add me as a friend and we can help each other out to reach our goals
  • susanlung
    susanlung Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Did you just write my story? Let's do it this year!!!!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Skinny doesn't equate to healthy. Focus on being fit.

I have a friend who was very morbidly obese, had weight loss surgery and lost a lot of weight. She also is very ill because her heart is a mess from the surgery and she can't absorb food. She may look skinnier now but was healthier before.

I would rather be healthy and fit- just my opinion!