Soreness

Options
What workout have you done that made you the most sore? Yesterday I did 60 Box Dips, 60 Jump Squats, and 60 KB Swings.

Getting back into the swing of CrossFit.

Love the burn but.... Any tips on reducing soreness faster?

Replies

• mAnimalMX
    Options
    Triceps are where I feel the most burn and soreness. Ironically where most of my fat is lol. I try to do strength only after cardio, so I'm well-stretched and warmed up. Always stay hydrated. Be consistent but don't work on the same muscles on a daily. Those are my simple tips :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Jamie Eason work out on Bodybuilding.com for something different. Every muscle in my body is sore.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    before working out:
    proper warm up and dynamic stretching
    wearing compression gear

after workout :
    stretching
    alternating hot and cold showers
    eat enough calories to help your muscles recover and rebuild
  • HelenaMH
    Options
    Drink enough water and also a recovery drink with Amino acids - stretch before and after. I also take Arginine and Glutamine - you can get them from GNC
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    There are natural arnica tablets you can take before your workout to reduce the soreness. Just Google it. My dr. recommended them to me.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    The Spartacus workout kills the top of my thighs.

Recommendations:
    Eat a nanner (potassium is thought to prevent cramps)
    In fact, eat a cocoa nanner (apparently I've been told magnesium deficencies cause it also)
    Keep hydrated
    stretch before and after, make sure you are warmed up
    make sure you're not deficient in any nutrients really. I've recently been told by a mfp that her bf gets it when he doesn't have enough salt.
    Make sure you fuel yourself with enough energy. It's night and day between me hiking after eating, and not. I can garantee I'll cramp up if I don't eat enough. And that's about the only rule I have down that comes down to a fact.