Results!

Options
My before picture was taken exactly a year ago, I was at a New Year's Eve party. I was planning to start using myfitnesspal after the holidays anyway, and this picture confirmed it. It was more than a year after I had my third child and I still weighed almost as much as I did after he was born. It was time.

before.jpg

It took me until August to reach my goal. I lost 32 pounds at about a pound/week. Here's a picture of me this fall.

after.jpg

I feel like my younger self again. :)

Replies

• ohhman10
    Options
    Love it! I'm trying to loose 40 pounds. You look wonderful!
  • alafalce14120
    Options
    Congratulations! I am just beginning...again! You do look very happy!:smile:
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You looks great!! Congrats on your success!!! <3
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Good job on the weightloss.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    What a visual success. Great work and wonderful results as you look wonderful.
  • Runs4Pasta
    Runs4Pasta Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    HIGH 5!!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Good for you dear, you look great!
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Fantastic job!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic.
  • walk2120
    walk2120 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing now! Congrats on your success!

How did you do this? How many times and what did you workout?
  • couchless
    couchless Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I followed the calorie guidelines that mfp gave me - loosely when things were going easily, and more strictly with measuring cups and food scales if I stopped losing. Also, I found that 1200 calories was not a lot of food for me - so I exercised a lot and ate the calories back and I felt great - both from the endorphins from exercise and the extra food.

When I started this, it had been a few years since I'd hit the gym, so I need to start slow at the beginning. I started with couch25k. After that, then I hit the treadmill, jogged outside (last year was a mild winter), and picked up a couple of Jillian Michael's DVD's - I pretty much only used those when I didn't want to leave the house (or when I couldn't leave the house - at home with sleeping kids).

I didn't eat anything special - my husband does most of the cooking and I didn't want to impose on him. So I ate smaller portions of the foods we always eat. I also didn't carry cash on me at work so that the vending machines wouldn't be a temptation.

Also, I found easy things to do to displace the time/pleasure I found in snacking or baking cookies with the kids, etc. I mean, it was fun to wake up in the morning and find I was down a pound, but then what? I found new-to-me TV shows, even just spending time looking at people's before/after pictures on here during the time of night I normally snacked was an inspiring way to stay on track. I found the Hunger Games series and they were page turners for me, I couldn't put the books down to get up and find a snack. I looked up people I'd fallen out of touch with. I never get enough sleep, so if I was tempted to have a late night snack, then why not sleep and feel refreshed the next day? I was never an emotional eater, for me it was just at the end of the day there's a little extra time before going to bed to use for myself and I'd use it to bake brownies - so I had to change that.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great and younger!! Thank you for sharing.
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    you look awesome, way to go.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • walk2120
    walk2120 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I followed the calorie guidelines that mfp gave me - loosely when things were going easily, and more strictly with measuring cups and food scales if I stopped losing. Also, I found that 1200 calories was not a lot of food for me - so I exercised a lot and ate the calories back and I felt great - both from the endorphins from exercise and the extra food.

When I started this, it had been a few years since I'd hit the gym, so I need to start slow at the beginning. I started with couch25k. After that, then I hit the treadmill, jogged outside (last year was a mild winter), and picked up a couple of Jillian Michael's DVD's - I pretty much only used those when I didn't want to leave the house (or when I couldn't leave the house - at home with sleeping kids).

I didn't eat anything special - my husband does most of the cooking and I didn't want to impose on him. So I ate smaller portions of the foods we always eat. I also didn't carry cash on me at work so that the vending machines wouldn't be a temptation.

Also, I found easy things to do to displace the time/pleasure I found in snacking or baking cookies with the kids, etc. I mean, it was fun to wake up in the morning and find I was down a pound, but then what? I found new-to-me TV shows, even just spending time looking at people's before/after pictures on here during the time of night I normally snacked was an inspiring way to stay on track. I found the Hunger Games series and they were page turners for me, I couldn't put the books down to get up and find a snack. I looked up people I'd fallen out of touch with. I never get enough sleep, so if I was tempted to have a late night snack, then why not sleep and feel refreshed the next day? I was never an emotional eater, for me it was just at the end of the day there's a little extra time before going to bed to use for myself and I'd use it to bake brownies - so I had to change that.

Thank you for the very detailed answer! I think I need to try your idea of finding something else to do than snacking at night. I am a victim of that habbit.

Wishing you very good luck for the rest of your health journey! Thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!