fast food

Options
I know this probably has been asked a million times but what is the best way to make fast food healthy is like Wendy"s

I know to not get salt on the fries but that's all I really know.

Any advice is helpful.

Replies

• stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I. Have a app on my iPad for Wendy's that let's you put in your calorie goal for the meal and it will give you meno options. Better to plan ahead than just order when hungry.
  • JoeBFit2013
    Options
    What's the name of the app and is it o.n windows phone?
  • Swethington00
    Options
    No mayo or honey mustard - Mustard instead.
    Only eat 1/2 of the bun
    Grilled not fried.
    Italian vinigrette salad dressing no croutons
    Chicken not beef

If you go to Wendys website you and use the meal value calculator and customize all the food they have there
  • stinkinstone
    Options
    Just search Wendy's on you app provider. I also have a restaurant nutrition guide.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Wendy's is pretty horrible. Believe or not the place to get the lowest calorie fast food is Mcodnald's...their salads are all low cal and they have menu listings of 200/300/400 calorie foods... Wendy's salad's have like 600 calories without even adding the dressing.
    But from what I know of at Wendy's your options are: Chili, Plain Baked Potato, Grilled Chicken Wrap, Skip the mayo and cheese if you can and that will save you some calories. Skipping the bread can serve the same purpose. Skip the fries and get a side salad with a low cal dressing.
    Buy yeah sodium is gonna be through the roof on anything like this
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    Fast food doesn't make people fat. Overeating and not exercising is what does it. Last I checked, ground beef, bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles weren't unhealthy. Just watch your calories and you'll be good man. Salad is torture.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    There is a book to help for fast food eating. It's called: Eat This, Not That. I've heard great things about it.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    There is a book around called 'Eat This, Not That' for fast food substitutions. Most of them have nutrition on their website so you could pre-log different meals until you find something that fits in your calories.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I know this probably has been asked a million times but what is the best way to make fast food healthy is like Wendy"s

I know to not get salt on the fries but that's all I really know.

Any advice is helpful.

the only unhealthy food is one eaten in excess.

plenty of good options at wendy's or any other food joint -- either make them fit for the day or take a day off.

and salt? meh. I don't even track it.
  • Mikemax125
    Options
    Fast food doesn't make people fat. Overeating and not exercising is what does it. Last I checked, ground beef, bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles weren't unhealthy. Just watch your calories and you'll be good man. Salad is torture.

Took the words right out of my mouth.....good stuff.
  • stinkinstone
    Options
    Try the Baja chili salad , halve size. Without the dressing. At 470 calories it is a meal. To much sodium, but you are eating fast food,it is expected.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Wendys chili! Yummo! And not too high in calories. I love Wendy's but there's not one near me. Baked Potato is a good option too - get that and dump the chili on top = delicious. Get the mandarin oranges instead of the fries (okay I know the fries are delicious though).