pb2

Options
I notice the term 'pb2' in the posts. Could someone tell me what this is?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's a jar of powdered peanuts with most of the fat removed and you add water to it to make a paste.
  • trishcass46
    trishcass46 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks.....I'd never heard of it. Any Idea where to buy it. Is it in Canada? ( I probably sound stupid but this is quite new to me).:embarassed:
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I can buy it in my local grocery store in the peanut butter aisle. It has about half the calories of regular peanut butter. I find the taste to be very good when spread on crackers or celery. It doesn't have the same "mouth feel" as regular peanut butter and I don't enjoy eating a plain spoon of it the way I would with regular peanut butter.
  • trishcass46
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check out Superstore
  • cbos1215
    cbos1215 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's a powdered peanut butter that you can sprinkle over fruit for a very satisfying snack!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some from Amazon :)
  • mockchoc
    Options
    I couldn't buy it at the store here in Australia so bought it on Ebay. I got the chocolate version too but haven't tried them properly yet.
  • trishcass46
    Options
    I never thought......I should google it and see where I can get it here. I'm from BC Canada
  • mockchoc
    Options
    The company that make are called bellplantation.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Either on Amazon.com or bellplantation.com - bellplantation.com has a lot of recipes too.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    it's also really good to cook with to make a peanut sauce, without all the fat of full peanut butter.

mmmm and there is PB2 chocolate, which is delicious in a frozen banana smoothie.
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love pb2! I use it in my vanilla and chocolate protein drinks. The flavor is wonderful. Some have said the consistancy is not the same as regular PB, but I have not found this to be true. It re-constitutes well, and I also spread it on rice cakes, etc. I think it's a great product for PB lovers without all the fat
  • trishcass46
    Options
    THAT sounds good! (the smoothies)
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love to put PB2 into my chocolate protein shakes post-workout. Also, it makes an excellent base for a peanut curry sauce.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of it into my vanilla Chobani yogurt and dip apples in it :)
  • FourOneThreeX
    FourOneThreeX Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LeanAlternative in Sydney now stock PB2 (both the original and chocolate)

http://www.leanalternative.com.au/products/bell-plantation-pb2-original-powdered-peanut-butter

I hope this helps!