Shy and trying to reach out..

Options
So I've been on MFP for quite a while now, but I don't have any friends on here. I've tried to get my friends to join, to go through this process with me, but they never stick to it. I need support! I'm super self-conscious and constantly feel like people look down on me because of my weight.. So posting on here is kind of intimidating for me! I'm 26, 245lbs at my heaviest.. currently 216, I was diagnosed with PCOS six years ago and because of this I struggle with infertility. I just want to be thinner, healthier, and feel better about myself at 27.. Oh, and possibly pregnant.

Last year, I lost 30lbs but gained it back plus 15 =/ Now, I've lost 30 once again and I feel like I've hit a wall. I'm feeling discouraged that 2012 has come and gone and I didn't hit my goal.. No where near my goal in fact. I want 2013 to be different! So now that I sound pathetic, anyone wanna be my friend? :smile:

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely add you and you don't sound pathetic!! You'll meet a lot of really great, encouraging and supportive people/friends here!! :smile:
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi There! We have some of the same struggles...I also have PCOS. I'm friending you now :)
  • maddhare
    maddhare Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!! I feel more motivated already!
  • pinkey2013
    Options
    I'll add you, and you don't sound pathetic, I also lost and gained it all back so now its a new year time to loose for good, and we could help each other do it.
  • LanaNZ
    LanaNZ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll add you too! We can motivate each other :) I'm also a bit shy and find it hard to stay on track. 2013 is our year.
  • Bobennah
    Options
    I'll add you. =)
  • Cakelady92
    Options
    Let's be friends! :)
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I will be happy to add you. That is one thing about this journey, we are ALL here for the same reasons. We may not have the same goals but we are all here for support because this is such a hard journey. However, don't hang your head down about it, stay positive, do your best and we are all here to cheer you on. You posting this was your first step.

Good Luck!

:-)