i need help

Options
hello everyone,my name i erica im 5'5,185 pounds the biggest ive ever been.im getting married in march to the love of my life.i woud love to loose 20 to 30 pound by then.can anone please help.

erica

Replies

• KitaT92
    KitaT92 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Let your upcoming wedding be your motivation. When I got iengaged 09/02/2012, it boosted my motivation to a whole new level. I knew none of my friends would go on this journey with me, so I made up my mind to go @ it alone (NOT EXACTLY). I prayed and asked God for the strength, WILLPOWER, energy, and the courage to lose weight and He answered every last request and some. By all means, don't give up. Think about your wedding and how sexy you wanna be on that day (lol) and full of energy. Ask your self this question: How bad do I want it? If you want it bad enough then go for it. Exercising and eating right go hand in hand. Make small changes (SMALL CHANGES) and try not to go cold turkey on anything. Wish you the best and by all means....DO NOT GIVE UP! Oh yeah, and add light weights to your regimen....you wont regret it!
  • erica1835
    erica1835 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thank you so much,i really needed to hear that.
  • CariJAddison
    Options
    I need to lose weight right now, also. But, when I lost weight before, I changed my entire mindset. Everything I did was in order to lose weight, from the foods I chose, to activities that I did with friends and family, to where we went for supper, etc. I agree, let the wedding be the motivation you need. Set small goals along the way and celebrate when you reach the(but not w/ food). Best of luck to you!!!
  • KitaT92
    KitaT92 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thank you so much,i really needed to hear that.

You're welcome. Also, get you a meal plan & stick with it. Time 5-6 small meals/day 3 hours apart. This way you won't get hungry & your metabolism stays up. It takes a little time to get used to the change , but it"s definitely worth it. Good luck!!
  • erica1835
    erica1835 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thanks so much
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat less, and move more... it really is as simple as that!
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    You have a lovely event to use as motivation to lose weight. But try not to put too much pressure on yourself - you'll have enough stress with the final preparations and you don't want to burn yourself out by running yourself ragged.

Best of luck and congratulations for the big day!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    eat less, and move more... it really is as simple as that!
    You mean create a healthy deficit, via exercise and a slight calorie reduction.
  • runrogrun
    runrogrun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation - I get married in April, and want to lose 10 pounds before then. I am so mad with myself as this time last year I was 16 pounds lighter than I am now....I can't believe I just let it creep on with the wedding so close.
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey Erica! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :drinker: 20-30lbs in 2-3 months is an ambitious goal. Be careful! Using this website is a great start - be sure to log all of your calories and exercise. Friend me if you would like some support along the way!