xmas gain- do you update your ticker?

Options
so during christmas, i ate and was merry!! It was definately worth it however in 2 weeks i put on 7lb..doh!! i am hoping at least a little bit is water weight but i reckon the majority isnt lol!! my question for everyone in the same boat- would you adjust your ticker to show this gain or leave it? im in 2 minds about what to do!

Replies

• aeich8899
    aeich8899 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I decided to leave it for two weeks and then update it..
  • PurpleGirafe
    Options
    I do. I feel bad when it goes back up (like it is now) and it makes me more resolved to do better and try harder.

Be honest with yourself. Hold yourself accountable.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly so I update every gain.
  • lozadee
    lozadee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you dont update any gains, your losses wont be true reflections and its only your sucess your holding back. I update it then move on getting rid of it:)
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My ticker/weight-loss total is just for me and nobody else, so I update as I gain and lose.
  • MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I keep it accurate - up and down. I am sure those pounds will fall of you :)
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above - keep it accurate. You're bound to have some ups and downs, it feels better to track them all, rather than pretend it didn't happen!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I decided to leave it for two weeks and then update it..

Me to. Refuse to weigh myself I can see that iv gained x
  • dinkydudette
    Options
    Well I weighed over a stone heavier after Christmas then lost it all in one day. So a lot of my gains are water and meals. So I don't bother adding gains because it's not a true gain and it's counter productive mentally.
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    I gained 1lb over christmas, ive updated my ticker so i know where i am ready for the new year, and i can start fresh :smile:
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    As I know my gain is down to over eating and not just water retention I logged the gain to show on my ticker. That is my incentive to get those few pounds back off and sharpish!:drinker:
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    First time in over 4months I had a gain but I still added it to my ticker, as much as it hurt but hey there's added motivation. We're only human we're allowed to enjoy ourselves.
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, so I log every day and the ticker gets updated automatically. The only time I don't weigh is when I am out of town. So yes, I did play the gain/loss game couple of times in December, I had 2 weekends full of functions where over eating was expected but since I was prepared, I got right back into the routine the next day! I used to weigh only once a week but I quite like this method as I can watch myself on day to day basis.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you?
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I updated my 3lobs Christmas gain
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I update because I want to be honest with myself, even if it makes me feel crappy.

I had initally met my goal (122lbs) then lost more weight (Yay!!) but now put that extra weight loss back on (Boo!!). So I updated on Sunday, when I weigh in and held myself accountable.

I know why I gained weight, and I know I need to lose it. So seeing that ticker move away from my new goal (117.5) makes me sad and makes me work harder.
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Couldn't face the facts just yet.. But I'll be in Africa for two weeks without a scale and without a possibility to track. So I'm planning to just update it once I'm back in the States.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I update my ticker no matter what it says- and although I've only gone up by .4 of a pound I've still inputted that. Remember, your weight ticker is yours, you can lie to it all you like, but at the end of the day your diary here (as much as it is sometimes public) is there to keep only YOU accountable. It doesn't matter to your friends if you don't log a few bad days, it's not going to put a few pounds on their waist after all! I joined this website to log the bad and the good, so of course I'd update my ticker. :)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on a scale in weeks. I will weight in Feb 1st if I am still hanging on the holiday weight then I'll update it. But I'm pretty sure I'll drop it quite fast. I've sent my metabolism into overdrive. I don't actually know I've gained but with a typical TDEE Of like 1550 (YAY DESK JOB/FULL TIME STUDENT/Injuries keep me out of gym) and eating like 2500-3000 calories several days in the past month I'm just assuming haha
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs of fluid & food; lost it within three days. I didn't get around to updating my ticker.