xmas gain- do you update your ticker?

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I record it. Otherwise I'd have to have all these mental notes in my head about what I weighed over Christmas but didint record because for some magical reason it wasnt real weight and so I'll only start recording again when that magical weight has magically disappeared......

It's only a number. And hopefully if it starts going down again that will be motivating.
  • Bogditzy
    Bogditzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    how do you update the ticker?
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I haven't. I'm too scared to weigh myself :frown:
  • euthena
    euthena Posts: 31
    Options
    I gained over christmas and I have just updated today. I will give me the kick up the *kitten* I need to get back on track :) xxxx
  • Spindrift2012
    Spindrift2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I updated my weight to show my gain. I'm fairly confident that it is a gain and not just water from one day of over eating so I put it in. Otherwise next time I can't post the true loss :smile:
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I will update my weight again in two weeks time...when I"ve given my body two solid weeks of hard workouts and eating clean... (If you don't count the three days in London this weekend!)

I'm learning slowly not to worry about the scale and look at measurements, however, I have gone up in those, too so hopefully in two weeks I'll be back where I was in mid December!
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.... going to bite the bullet and update *cries*. shall have it off again soon though!
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    i weigh on a Saturday, so will update then if gained any....... think i have :( though
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I update mine every Sunday, and on the first of every month, regardless of whether it's a gain or a loss.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I decided to leave it for two weeks and then update it..

Me to. Refuse to weigh myself I can see that iv gained x

Me too ... next weigh in will be 17th January :wink:
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I will update my weight again in two weeks time...when I"ve given my body two solid weeks of hard workouts and eating clean... (If you don't count the three days in London this weekend!)

I'm learning slowly not to worry about the scale and look at measurements, however, I have gone up in those, too so hopefully in two weeks I'll be back where I was in mid December!

probably do this^^^ though havent fully decided yet.

I know have put on weight as have a cheap pair of scales that I just monitor every day or so, but havent done my proper weigh in using my proper scales for the last few weeks. May weigh in properly again on Friday but havent decided for definite yet, part of me is thinking I might not log till I am back to or beyond point I was before Xmas.
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    I update every loss and every gain...was sad to see 3 pounds up this morning but I did have a fabulous Christmas and New Year :D
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My fitbit aria scale updates MFP via my fitbit account immediately I weigh. That means that the 2 Kg (5 lb) I put on over the holidays showed up on my ticker yesterday.
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly so I update every gain.

Same here. A move in either direction gets recorded every week.
  • stufielding
    stufielding Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Updated mine for over xmas.... 5lbs added from last weigh in... like to record if it goes up as well as down though... makes it easier to look for patterns \ changes etc
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yep, I awarded my gain! All of it! At one point I had lost 17lb... Now down to 5lb! Hey ho.... Nice to watch it go down again though.... I am now a WOMAN ON A MISSION,! X good luck everyone.... Showing the truth give you a reality check!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Aria scale which is linked to MFP, therefore it updates & changes the ticker automatically. Even without this feature I would update to keep me very accountable to myself.
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 lb & updated mine - I wasn't logging meals during Christmas but now I'm back to logging, water, no sugar & exercise

I have 40 days from tomorrow till our beach vacation so that's my inspiration
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I decided to leave it for two weeks and then update it..

I think i'm going this route, because i know i'll lose the holiday weight.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Nothing to update. Was just water weight.