21 Day Daniel Fast to kick off the New Year?!

Options

Replies

• KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thinking I'll join. To me Daniel was the most amazing man in the bible. It'll be hard I'll need help w prayers!

That's what we are here for! I'll add you to my daily prayer list.. " Lord bless bikerfreak" :) fun!
  • yosheego
    Options
    i'm in......i so much need this......
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    i'm in......i so much need this......

Ditto! I love the quote by Susan Gregory: "sometimes you are so hungry that the only way you can be fed is to fast" I think she hit the nail on the head with that one!
  • reshaeshae
    reshaeshae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am from Chattanooga, TN and my church does this every year and we are starting in the morning too. Feel free to add me if you want. I am excited!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I've had a look at some sites, but is the whole, entire program, based on two sentences found in the book of Daniel?
  • yvee80
    yvee80 Posts: 4
    Options
    My church does this as well and my family did it last year, it was hard for me because I couldn't find a variety of recipes...we are thinking about doing it again my mother is doing it and the spiritual connection is great and much needed for my family.
  • arenka
    arenka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    im game so whats first ?
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • FitbitRed
    Options
    Awesome guys! So excited for it this year! I will be having a strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast. Yum!

Daniel would be jealous

I've never heard of it before so it's an interesting read
    “In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” Daniel 10:2, 3

Looks like only water as a beverage though?
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    My church does this as well and my family did it last year, it was hard for me because I couldn't find a variety of recipes...we are thinking about doing it again my mother is doing it and the spiritual connection is great and much needed for my family.

Www.ultimatedanielfast.com has many recipes! :) hope that helps!
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    Awesome guys! So excited for it this year! I will be having a strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast. Yum!

Daniel would be jealous

“In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” Daniel 10:2, 3

As with anything, there is debate over what is and isn't allowed. Some people drink fresh juice, but I don't. I do however allow myself smoothies. It's all about what you feel God is calling you to do. Prayerfully consider what God is calling you to do and then do it!
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    im game so whats first ?

Pray! Read the word! Fill yourself with God rather than food. When your body is physically hungry- eat! Www.ultimatedanielfast.com has a lot of good info and recipes!
  • RatherBeOutside
    RatherBeOutside Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    so I completely cannot do this I am so hungry and in need of protein... I just ate a homemade beefburger! am going online to figure out the actual foods of daniel fast... Just seeing that you prayed for me was AWESOME!!!
    I am eating way less and shedding this bloating tummy! PTL thank you for your encouragement to us all!
  • RatherBeOutside
    RatherBeOutside Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I printed the food list of the Daniel Fast The real need for me is reading my bible everyday! haven't eaten wheat for two weeks and I am starting to not feel so tired... but that could be hormones too?????
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It's funny I found this topic, I had never heard of the Daniel fast until a couple of days ago, when a friend called to talk to me about it. I am eating a plant based, whole foods diet, so she called me to say she was doing the Daniel fast and asking for meal ideas. I am in, though it will only be a minor change in the way I eat. I don't eat bread very often, but I occasionally. I also don't do meat or any dairy at all.
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    I printed the food list of the Daniel Fast The real need for me is reading my bible everyday! haven't eaten wheat for two weeks and I am starting to not feel so tired... but that could be hormones too?????

Yeah I really have to do better at adding protein. Tofu is a good source if you like it. I tend to hide it well in smoothies or other recipes where it is well-masked. :) also natural peanut butter and nuts are good sources. I am actually gluten intolerant and have found that not eating wheat makes me feel a ton better! Just know that You can have whole wheat flatbreads and whole grains on this fast...just gotta read ingredients carefully, or make your own flatbread, tortilla chips, tortillas, etc. from 100% whole grains. I just personally stay away from wheat products!
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    It's funny I found this topic, I had never heard of the Daniel fast until a couple of days ago, when a friend called to talk to me about it. I am eating a plant based, whole foods diet, so she called me to say she was doing the Daniel fast and asking for meal ideas. I am in, though it will only be a minor change in the way I eat. I don't eat bread very often, but I occasionally. I also don't do meat or any dairy at all.

Well I admire you a ton! I get to day 21 and wonder how I made it! Lol looks like it works great for you! What do you do for protein? Any other options you might be able to think of?
  • KabbyGU
    Options
    One of my favorite (easy) recipes so far-

Stir Fry w/ orange sauce

3/4 cup cooked brown rice
    1 cup of mixed stir fry veggies
    1TB sesame oil
    Juice from 1/2 an orange
    1 tsp ground ginger
    1 tsp braggs liquid aminos (soy sauce alternative)

Heat sesame oil first then add veggies and stir fry them until cooked, then add the rest of ingredients until all is combined well and hot! :)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Daniel would be jealous

That is interesting.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My church asks everyone to fast for 2 weeks...we have done the Daniel fast too!