16-18lb to lose in 11 weeks

Options
Hi everyone. I started losing weight a year ago today and have managed to lose around 2 stone so far. I did it slowly but it stayed off. I now however need to lose around 16lb in 11 weeks as my wedding is 14 weeks away and id like to fit in my dress before the big day. Im not keen on quick fixes as I want it to last and dont want to lose any muscle but im now in a situation where i need to lose just under 1.5lb a week.
Any tips, advice and support would be great!

Replies

• Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I think the best thing you can do to improve your weight loss is to increase your daily caloric burn without increasing what you're eating to compensate (so long as you're staying above the healthy recommended 1200 calories per day - that's AFTER exercise). I was messing around with the 'goals' tool on here and when I put in wanting to lose 1.5 lbs per week, it set my net calories at 1230. I'm not sure I can stick to that, so I reset it to 1lb per week so that I could stay at my 1530 (I have a hard time managing that).

But my point is that if you get plenty of exercise (burning around 300 cals per day), you can still eat around 1500 calories per day and lose weight a bit quicker.

Of course, ALL of this is contingent upon you're body type, current weight, etcetera. The bad news is it may not be reasonable to expect to lose 16lbs in that amount of time.

But if it really is just about looking good for your wedding, you could try some more temporary fixes to help with bloating and water weight. I find diuretic teas are very helpful at keeping the bloat at bay. You could try Traditional Medicinals Cranberry Weightless Tea. It won't make you lose weight faster, but it does help curb appetite and flush out the system. I don't know if it is available in Britain (or Canada???), but you could probably get it on Amazon.

Best of luck and Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!
  • charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for the same weight loss in around the same amount of time. Like yourself over the last 5
  • charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for the same weight loss in the same time frame. Over the last 5 months I've lost also 2 stones, but if I'm honest I was only working out twice, sometimes once a week and also in the last 7 weeks of 2012 due to commitments and things that happened in my life, I only went to the gym twice.

My plan is to eat as "clean" as I can, this includes reducing my alcohol intake, eating less carbs and if I do eat carbs then "good" ones and also making the effort to get to the gym more. I'm hoping that with this all and re-working out my daily intake, so that it's healthy, that the weightloss will just happen, but one thing I've definitly noticed is that trying to maintain calories of 1200 or under doesn't work. I actually ended up hitting a plateau and it was only when I started eating more calories (Even without working out) that I lost the weight.
  • SiobhanHK8
    SiobhanHK8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    All very good advice thank you. I agree that 1200cals a day is not enough. I stuck to this for a while and lost nothing for ages. I have 2 toddlers and do a 4 mile round trip preschool run with double buggy everyday so am a bit active but i need to increase this. The lighter i get the harder it is to lose, i know thats obvious but it doesnt help my current situation lol. Thank you for the support!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    corsetry. it's a more realistic option given the time frame.
    find yourself a good corsetiere and see what they suggest.
  • SiobhanHK8
    Options
    I agree theres great stuff out there but it wont make my arms look any smaller so im guna start weights. I have 14 weeks untill wedding but 11 weeks untill dress adjustment. 14 weeks of tonning will hopefully make some difference
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    strength training, strength training and more strength training!

a decent full body routine 3 x per week, lots of protein and you can lose plenty of bodyfat in 11 weeks. just dont have too large a deficit overall.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the weight, start lifting heavy and you will look fabulous no matter the weight that you are.
  • SiobhanHK8
    Options
    Thats what is a bit confusing. Im aiming for just under 10 stone as i was comfortable when i was that weight a few years ago so its always been a mental goal. Problem is since iv been working out alot im now a similar size to my old size but a stone heavier. Might start going by inches rather than weight.