What is a good pedometer?

Options
One that wont break my bank. lol. Id love to get the super deluxe $50-100 model that can measure everything but I just want something that is cheaper, virtually indestructible and will still count steps in a pocket rather than clipped anywhere. My job is VERY active and I dont need it falling everywhere off my waistband.

Replies

• theladyxena
    theladyxena Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in fitbit. You can clip it on your bra, your waste band or drop it in your pocket. And, since you are a CNA, I know you have pockets. The fitbit ONE has a secure clip, and usually clip it on my bra and forget about it for hours. I don't put it on my waste band because I've had other pedometers to fall off. But the pocket, is the safest and most convenient.

I'm sure there are others, but I love the fitbit.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    About how much does that cost?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    31EGPwJCvNL._SX450_.jpg
    Fitbit zip 59.99

317jhmoqALL._SY450_.jpg
    Fitbit one 99.99

both sync via bluetooth to your phone, and will update your MFP. I have the older Ultra and it had a base you had to get near. the main difference between the one and zip is sleep tracking. if you do not care to track you sleep, save the money and get the Zip. I can not recommend Fitbit enough, my wife had trouble with hers and they just up and sent another one without any argument. Great customer service.
  • tanniew78
    Options
    Those look lovely and very effective, but out of my current price range at the moment. Guess i could just google, but I like input when it comes to purchases like this. Nothing like reviews of personal experience for products.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have the Tanita pd 724. Cheaper and still an accelerometer.
  • Thickchicapes40
    Thickchicapes40 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got the one I have at Walmart and it works pretty good. Spent under 10 for it. If you want something a little better, they have a few other ones there..
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I just saw a fitbit zip on ebay for $40.
  • psoud
    psoud Posts: 1
    Options
    Try the PEDUSA 771 Tri-axis pedometer. I bought mine from Amazon, cost about $16.50. Why I like it, it doesn't count every body jiggle LOL. It waits until you have ten consistant steps before it starts counting, and yes, it does count the first ten then. It comes in all sorts of colors, I bought one for myself, and one for each of my teenage sons. (we homeschool and are adding a computer health program this quarter so adding a pedometer seemed a good fit) It also has a 7 day memory and a target goal setting. It's a good bang for the buck.
  • tanniew78
    Options
    I will research all of these and see what one will fit my needs best. Thank you so much for the replies!