UK MEMBERS..TONIGHT!

Options
If you live in the uk, there's a programme on tonight on channel 5, 9pm called '50 shocking fact about diet and exercise' thought I might tell you all. sounds like it could be quite interesting :)

CHANNEL 5
9PM

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    got it on thanks.
  • healthydishes
    healthydishes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just put it on to record :)
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    This is such a scaremongering programme! And yet somehow, I can't turn it off...
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Thanks but no thanks, I have other means of entertaining myself other than the box of doom... : )
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    On record, but given the channel I suspect it will be deleted after a few minutes , followed by the 100 best things of God knows what compilation

Thanks for the prompt
  • danixoxox
    Options
    Urgh, I had to turn it off!
  • zena92
    zena92 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Urgh, I had to turn it off!

i did the exact same lol
  • thepurplestar
    thepurplestar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No point in seeing it on catch-up then?
  • DesertDriver
    Options
    I'm taking it from the comments above, it was not a good one :noway:
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I watched it, and argued with the telly the whole way through
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I turned it on at the VERY wrong moment.There was a man eating some sort of soup filled with maggots and a great big snail trailing along a table. My stomach turned and I couldn't watch it anymore lol. EWWW insect eating is just incomprehensible :)

The next clip about slipped discs was good but the gym bacteria was off-putting ha ha ha
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    LOL channel 5.

That's a bit like getting your health and fitness info from the daily mail!
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i watched the 1st five minutes and switched it off
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Well there was a massive amount off bull on that program, although I turned on whilst it was talking about margarine and how diet pills result in "uncontrollable anal oil seepage"!
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    I only watched a bit of it, but then set to record on +1 - The positive I took was the comment 'You never see a fat squirrel' meaning I will continue to eat my natural peanuts and raisin mix, maybe I'll just delete the recording now though after reading this lol
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I watched half of it. Himself watched all of it. It was like TV made by the Daily Mail. Horrendous!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    LOL - I recorded it - but now after reading these comments am not too sure I want to watch it, sounds like a waste of time..
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A summary is:

All your food contains bugs or bits of bugs
    Gyms have e-coli bacteria
    Supermarket bread is bad for you
    Strength training will ruin your back
    You could die if you go to the gym (can't remember what the issue with this was though. Some fatal blood disease!)
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    the lesson there was dont eat possessed foods thats why we became fat in the first place, 65 years ago there was none we made everything. AND eating calls burned wont make you loose weight.
  • molliepops1962
    Options
    Something that was interesting was near the end they talked about lack of vitamins in todays fruit and veg compared with in the 50's -60's such a change means we need to eat so much more to get the same amount of vitamins as back then.