not losing weight

lucabella
lucabella Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
It's been about a month since I've lost any weight. I've actually gained a pound or so. I'm getting very discouraged to say the least. It feels like since i started exercising I've plateaued. I adjusted my settings on here about two weeks ago and I'm allowed 1400 calories, 200 more than i previously had. I'm usually never over in my fat allowance, if i am its a few points. My carbs stay under mostly too. I eat most of my exercise calories which round out to be about 200-400 calories depending on the day. I don't I feel like i'm doing all this work for nothing on the days i get on the scale. The only difference in my body lately is my calves, i begin to see muscle lines. I don't know what to do anymore.

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    I am feeling your pain, as I am on a plateau and it just isn't as rewarding when the scales do not budge. I have held right around the same weight for 3 weeks now and it is frustrating, as I have 10 more pounds to go to goal. I too have tried shaking things up with my workout and am scared to mess with my food intake, as I don't want to gain any of it back!!!!!!!! All I can say is what I know, no more weight is going to come off unless I keep burning more calories than I take in, so that is what I am trying to do. Hope it helps to know you are NOT alone!
  • candessb
    candessb Posts: 52 Member
    I would like to see your food diary.
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    I too am in the same boat have been on kind of a plateau lately. I have lost and gained the same 2-3 lbs over the last month. I work out 6 days a week in varing amounts. some days weights with a interval walk and some days just a simple walk( some walks are long and some short). I just adjusted my calories yesterday and have added 200 more in my diet. I am hoping this will help also. Good luck to you. Youre not alone and we all struggle with this. maybe someone can give us some other tidbit of knowledge we havent thought of. :wink:
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    I was stuck for a while too , i reduced my calories and also tried to burn as many calories as i could throughout the day, nothing seemed to help . I broke through the barrier by doing 2 things , 1 cut down on my salt intake and second i started to eat smaller meals but more often, I would basically snack until i was hungry and then snack again , the meals were approx 60-200 calories. Now that i am losing weight again and burning what i am eating i am losing weight. hope this helps

I am not new to diet diaries so i know they do work and they work well..
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Here's some reading I came accross yesterday on that very specific topic:
    http://www.thatsfit.ca/2010/04/08/10-tips-to-break-through-a-weight-loss-plateau/
  • i just made it public, i get lazy about posting everything at the end of the day ever since i haven' t been losing, i do keep count though and i keep my meals repetitive at times.
  • I would like to see your food diary.

i just made it public, i get lazy about posting everything at the end of the day ever since i haven' t been losing, i do keep count though and i keep my meals repetitive at times.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    if you're stuck, you need to change something.

Try not eating your exercise calories, and putting yourself under by 200-300 a day and see what happens. I don't think we burn quite as much as we think we do anyway.

Change up your routine. Try the elliptical instead of walking, etc..

Don't be scared to try something new!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Like Kdiamond said, change up your routine. Lift heavier weights, do higher intensity cardio a couple times a week, etc.

Changing the types of foods you eat helps too. More protein, less sugar, less sodium, etc. Eat every 2-3 hrs, eat within 30 min of working out. Start incorporating more healthy fats like fish, almonds, avocado, etc. You'll get there.

Take your body measurements monthly. You'll see changes happen. I was stuck for 2 months. But my pants size went from a 12- and 8 during that time. So I know I was getting smaller. The scale measures everything, water, bowel, blood, etc... so don't go solely by the scale to determine your success. You're doing great!
This discussion has been closed.