Anyone heard of the Luxe Burger bar??

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
I'm going to this restaurant tonight. I guess they have like the best burgers. I tried to look on their website but OF COURSE they don't have the nutrition of anything! UGH I even emailed them asking. I was just wondering if anyone knew of the place and if they had anything somewhat low cal.

Replies

• metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    Eating out at a place that doesnt share their nutrition data is always scary! Hopefully its grilled over an open flame
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but what I do is ask for the burger protein style...that is, between 2 leaves of lettuce instead of a bun. Eliminating the bun ALONE will save you ~200 calories, and if you're really concerned, eliminate any cheese as well...though I tend to think that a burger without cheese isn't worth eating in the first place...
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    http://www.luxeburgerbar.com/build_your_own_burger.php

you can build you're own burger using chicken breast or lean ground turkey. =)
  • delanaalford
    Options
    You could just cut in half what ever you want or take half the bun off the hamburger and, no fries maybe a salad with the half burger
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I agree - skip the bun. Also try to get a smaller, JR sized, or kids burger...and 1/2lb giant burger is bound to have a ton of calories and fat! So just get one of the smaller sized options and skip the bun and fries (I too wouldn't dream of skipping the cheese) and enjoy your night out! :)

Also - just FYI a turkey burger (when eaten out) if often not a better option I got one at Ruby Tuesdays (i was craving a burger but trying to be good) and later found out it had over 1,000 calories...not uncluding sides! Ended up being the same amount as the beef burgers!

Good luck! Maybe they'll have grilled chicken or something there too.....?