5 in 7 challenge

Options
So, it's a shiny new year. I need to get myself sorted. I'm sure I'm not alone.

So, in January, I'm going to aim to do at least 45 minutes of exercise per day, at least 5 days per week.

If anyone's interested you're welcome to join me. I'll get a spreadsheet up, for you to track your data, and I'll post a weekly update for most minutes completed, and most improved.

In terms of what counts as exercise - can we keep it to planned activity that challenges you. So gentle strolls, shopping and cleaning don't count. Walks that *you* feel challenge you, gym, running, bike rides, lifting, sport, etc etc do.

Replies

• Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will be good to keep track of what I'm doing and keep me motivated
  • Checkiy
    Checkiy Posts: 12
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I'm unable to do strenous exercise during January due to minor surgery but will aim for 30 minutes walking 5 days a week.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I'll add you both to the spreadsheet.
  • Jayla_fit
    Options
    I'm in! :)
    I havent worked out in a while. Also, since I recently quit smoking my breathing isn't so great. Any advice on how to startup again?

Thank you guys and gals in advance!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Hi Jayla

What sort of things do you enjoy? If you're thinking about running, try C25k to ease you into it. If you want a fun class, zumba is a nice CV intro. I love running and weights.
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Won't be doing much more than walking this week though as I'm not back to work (and therefore the gym) until next week.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Im in again thanks
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me :)
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! ;)
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Can I join please?? I need something to keep me going :)
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I am going to the gym 3 days a week for 60 minutes and I ordered Rockin' Body on Monday to do on my off days, so 5 in 7 is completely doable.
    Thanks!
  • redrover
    redrover Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sign me up.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I dont know if I will do 45 min but I would like to join and set my goal to 30 min 5 times per week.
  • zooflute
    Options
    May I join?
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Hi all

Welcome everyone. I'll get a spreadsheet set up now for everyone who's joined so far, and will still accept late additions over the next day or so. We'll start with today's activity (2 Jan), and run our weeks Wed to Wed. (This will work out ok-ish, as January ends on a Thursday! :-) )

How did everyone get on today? I had a 48 minute run, a 15 minute walk, and did a bit of yoga (about 15 minutes), so I've definitely hit my 45 today.

Janex
  • meerkat70
    Options
    btw, would you all like to maybe introduce yourselves, tell us a bit about your aims? I'm Jane. I'm mostly aiming to be a healthier version of me. I like to run, lift weights, cycle and occasionally try to convince myself to swim. (On my more optimistic days, I think I should combine these interests and do a triathlon. Then I remember I'm the slowest swimmer in the world, and the second slowest cyclest.) I'm training for a half marathon at the moment (it's at the end of March) - at which I will also be slow!

I love being active, but can get sludgy about getting out and doing things, when it's dark in the winter, and when work is busy. So I'm hoping this challenge will help me hold my focus a little more through January.
  • benDog1234
    Options
    I'm in. Just the accountability that I need
  • benDog1234
    Options
    Ink, my name is Melissa. My aim (and the reason I joined up for he first time yesterday) is to lose the pesky 9 kilos that seem to have crept on without me realising it over the last 2 years. Time for them to go! Am also aiming to regain running fitness and aim for a second half marathon in junky ( have committed to the 15 km run for the kids first in march). Am also trying to learn how to type on a bloody iPad hence the reason half finished sentences keep posting! There are days when I think hat I am too old to cope with all this new technology!!!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, darlin. Sign me up!
  • LauraJeanG
    LauraJeanG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I already do crossfit 3x a week for 45 minutes, so this will really help me add more activity to my week! I've stalled out a bit on losing weight so hopefully this will get me back on track.