xginanax Posts: 333 Member
Mine is

1. Loose weight/be healthy

2. Get a full time job

3. Travel to Thailand

4. Get a car

5. Get my driving licences

6. Stop biting my nails

7. Dont get myself in other peoples dramas.

8. Be more positive.

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Only one, make it to 2014
  • Cocacoladdict
    Cocacoladdict Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1. Make ME my new hobby. I would like to get stronger and fitter - I see the weightloss as a (welcome) side effect of this. I don't exercise at all now and it is painful when I try (I feel like I need to stretch my muscles out?) but I want to work up to the following :-
    a. walking my daughter to school (1mile away) and back twice a day - I realise this might sound pathetic but it would feel like an accomplishment to me.
    b. my treat to myself for losing my first 2 stone will be a bicycle. I am quite excited by this, I used to enjoy cycling as a teen (this was the last time I was on one!!)
    c. start swimming again. again, I used to love it.

2. Learn to speak basic Spanish.

3. Design and make 2 new products for my website. My work that I do now is seasonal so something else would be good!

4. Help my children to reach their personal goals.
    a. My daughter is 6 years old and is academically doing well - her spelling/reading age is 11.7 and her teachers think she could push herself more. So that's what I will be encouraging. She loves schoolwork so this shouldn't be hard
    b. My son really isn't academically minded at all. He is nearly 12 and has always had a problem keeping up with the other kids. Last year his spelling/reading levels were below his little sisters. I understood that it was just much harder for him but it was clearly the motivation he needed and he managed to work hard and boost his grades by nearly 2 years worth!! We will continue to work together to keep him motivated but his passion is cooking. He is only 11 but he helps me prepare vegetables for most meals and 1 night a week he chooses, shops for (with me obviously) and then cooks a meal. He does a mean spaghetti bolognese.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions, but these are my goals for the year:

1) Finish out my pregnancy healthy and give birth to an awesome girl

2) Beat the lowest adult weight I have ever been. I hit the lowest weight I have been as an adult in my first trimester.

3) Beat the highest mileage I rode on my bike last year. I hit 20.52 miles. I'd like to hit 30+ this year.

4) Run 10 minutes straight with a jogging stroller

5) Be the absolute best mom I can be!
  • Deebautista
    Deebautista Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine are simply to:

Be kind.
    Be a blessing to others.
  • helptheyoung
    Options
    1. Make ME my new hobby. I would like to get stronger and fitter - I see the weightloss as a (welcome) side effect of this. I don't exercise at all now and it is painful when I try (I feel like I need to stretch my muscles out?) but I want to work up to the following :-
    a. walking my daughter to school (1mile away) and back twice a day - I realise this might sound pathetic but it would feel like an accomplishment to me.
    b. my treat to myself for losing my first 2 stone will be a bicycle. I am quite excited by this, I used to enjoy cycling as a teen (this was the last time I was on one!!)
    c. start swimming again. again, I used to love it.

2. Learn to speak basic Spanish.

love it!!

3. Design and make 2 new products for my website. My work do now is seasonal so something else would be good!

4. Help my children to reach their personal goals.
    a. My daughter is 6 years old and is academically doing well - her spelling/reading age is 11.7 and her teachers think she could push herself more. So that's what I will be encouraging. She loves schoolwork so this shouldn't be hard
    b. My son really isn't academically minded at all. He is nearly 12 and has always had a problem keeping up with the other kids. Last year his spelling/reading levels were below his little sisters. I understood that it was just much harder for him but it was clearly the motivation he needed and he managed to work hard and boost his grades by nearly 2 years worth!! We will continue to work together to keep him motivated but his passion is cooking. He is only 11 but he helps me prepare vegetables for most meals and 1 night a week he chooses, shops for (with me obviously) and then cooks a meal. He does a mean spaghetti bolognese.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Get lean
    Surf often
    Have regular art exhibitions
    Eat plant based food
    Learn a lot
    travel and be adventurous
    make new friends :)
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Different goals for the year:

-- Learn to budget/get out of debt/save
    -- Meal plan and cook most meals from scratch
    -- Learn the guitar
    -- Start my NVQ 3
    -- Volunteer with the RSPCA
    -- Learn to be more patient, especially with things I can't control
    -- Do the Couch to 5K, then hopefully enter Race for Life.
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    Travel
    Learn to speak French
    New friends
    Adventure
  • Pancake86
    Options
    Book a wedding venue, Lose a stone, Drink less alcohol, Move into new house.

xx
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    1). Get into a size 8 by strength training
    2). Run at least 3 marathons
    3). Use the F-bomb less!
    4). Spend more time with family & friends
    5). Spend at least two nights a month doing my Hobby; Scrapbooking!!!
    6). Eat Healthy, Love Life, Workout like my Life depends on it!!

Cheers!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    To hit that solid five minute stretch of jogging on the treadmill (4.5 incline, 4.5 speed) by the beginning of March. Right now I can push it at 1:15 and it kills me. I want to have more endurance!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Resolutions:

1. Exercise at least 5 times a week (either walking, running, or circuit training)

2. Go to bed earlier. No later than 11pm on weekdays or midnight on weekends

3. Be more self-confident, especially regarding body image, and let my confidence show

4. Stop leaving things until the last minute

Goals:

1. Lose 7lbs to get to my ultimate goal weight (112lbs) and MAINTAIN IT for the rest of the year

2. Get down to 18% body fat by way of strength training

3. Achieve at least 60% in all university modules

4. Travel outside of the UK at least once
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Goals for the upcoming year

1) get from 20% BF to 15%

2) Drink less alcohol.. :(

3) Become a NICU nurse

4) GET STRONGER

5) Start biking!

6) Go somewhere tropical for my graduation present to myself :)
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    10,000 steps a day minimum

Leslie Sanson Walk at Home - 1 mile a day minimum

At least three days a week alcohol free

Make my current weight loss goal (68k) by 31/3

Make next weight loss goal (65k) by 1/7 (60th birthday)

Improve Italian language skills
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    More goals rather than resolution as such as I find ny resolution always fails.

*Get back on exercise regime and eating cleanly

*Sleep better - more than 3 hours per night!!

*Give up alcohol for at least 6 weeks after this weekend, and repeat intermittently during year.

*Drop from 26% body fat to 12%

*Sort out my finances

*Sort out my head and stay off the meds

*Complete tough mudder

*Feel good about myself and self confident

*Be a great friend and strong support for my family as it's going to be a tough year.

*Be able to run 15k without struggling.

*Get a job closer to home to help achieve all of the above.

That's all that spring to mind right now
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Resolution & Goal list: :smile:

1. Eat clean more often
    2. Exercise AT LEAST 3 days per week
    3. Wear a bikini (for the first time ever) with confidence
    4. Run a half marathon
    5. Get to bed earlier!
    6. Spend more time with my family
    7. Stress less!! (this will probably be my toughest task!)

Wish me luck! Good luck to all of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!