green coffee bean extract

Options
I, like so many others, saw the Dr.Oz show where he talked about the green coffee bean pills that you can take that will help you lose double the weight. For those that did not see it they did a study on 100 people and they all took either the pill or a placebo and the ones that took the pill lost double the weight. They did not even have to watch what they ate but they still lost weight.

So I paid the money and got the pills and the first week of taking them I lost 4 lbs. Granted I do exercise a lot but I eat quite a bit too because I am diabetic and I have to keep my sugar under control. I did find out that I actually took the wrong pills though because Dr. Oz suggest to take the pills with Sivetol in them and the ones I took did not have it. Has anyone else taken these pills and had success?

If you are curious about the pills you can get them from Walmart for less than 7 bucks a bottle. Dr. Oz recommends that you take 400mgs 3 times a day. You should take them 30 minutes before meals. No worries though because this pill does not make you jittery or anything. It's not like regular coffee.

Replies

• kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill or supplement that will do the work for you. You must make the changes to create a healthful lifestyle for yourself. No shortcuts. Eating healthful, nutritious, mostly unprocessed foods in the proper quantities along with incorporating exercise/movement into your daily life is the only way.

But, start making small, sustainable changes. You'll be surprised at how amazing you'll feel!
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill or supplement that will do the work for you. You must make the changes to create a healthful lifestyle for yourself. No shortcuts. Eating healthful, nutritious, mostly unprocessed foods in the proper quantities along with incorporating exercise/movement into your daily life is the only way.

But, start making small, sustainable changes. You'll be surprised at how amazing you'll feel!

^----THIS.

I can tell you the 100% success rate weight loss secret right now that you'll never hear from anyone interested in your money. (which is everyone)

1.) Exercise consistently

2.) Eat real food

Welp, That's it. THE SECRET IS OUT!

Always remember, being healthy makes a lot of sense, but it doesn't make a lot of dollars.

Don't strive to lose weight, strive to be healthy. If you strive to be healthy, weight loss & vitality are a given!

Set goals & work for them! It's mind over matter and you can do it! :D

2.)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Its okay to eat "a lot" with your diabetes, but you have to make wise, healthy choices, too.

In fact, you should be eating 6 times a day. And it would be best to have a protein/carb balanced "meal" with each meal time.

You definitely want to watch your carbs as carbs turn to sugar but you don't have to eliminate them.

I saw the show on Dr. Oz, too. I think you can do the same thing by just making wise healthy choices. Sometimes when folks are taking "those pills", they forget to concentrate on making those healthy choices.

Good luck :)
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi, I just started taking Green coffee bean extract with raspberry ketones. I do not think it is a magic pill, of course it isn't, there are none of those. It is a helper. I have a very hard time with will power and knowing when to stop and knowing when I am full. I was taught to clean my plate and I usually do, so I have to make sure I do not put too much on that plate! So far I am very happy with the green coffee bean extract. I notice a considerable difference in my appetite and I often feel too full to even clean my plate. I have not weighed myself since I started them, but will do that when it has been at least a week and get back to you. I actually did not see the Dr. Oz show that everyone is talking about, my father in law recommended them to me because his Dr. had given him some and he had great results with them. I hope they work for you also. Please let me know how they are working.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I seriously the doubt the pills are doing anything more than acting as a placebo making you think they do something. With 100 lbs to lose it shouldn't be difficult to drop 4 lbs in the first week or 2 of dieting. Diabetes doesn't mean you need to eat more, that's how you got to be 100 lbs overweight to start with. You need to control your food intake by making good choices of foods at the right times. If you have Type II diabetes you may find it goes away or drastically improves just by getting the weight off.

I know it's resolution time and everyone is searching for the magic cure but all these gimmicks and pills don't work. Willpower, planning and making good choices works and it doesn't cost a thing.
  • Davidea76
    Davidea76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have type 1 diabetes and have learned in the limited time that I have been taking the green coffee bean extract and also exercising that my sugar remains under a 100 every time my sugar gets checked. I love that fact because before all this I was always having over 150 and even as high as 300-400 at times. It amazes me that people are so negative when it comes to a so called "diet" pill. I do not believe in diets nor the word diet because for one diet is a 4 letter word and to me that is a bad word and should not be said. The other reason I hate "diet" as a way of life is because the first 3 letters. I am sorry but I am in no way shape or form trying to die from anything especially t.
    I follow a calorie count and no I do not really eat all that healthy food like organic this or that but I do stay under the calories that my body burns naturally. On top of that I exercise and yes it could be the fact that I do those two things that I am losing weight but if by taking a pill it makes me think that I am fuller than I actually am then I will keep taking that pill. For all the naysayers out there who have nothing but a negative word on everything that is said or done maybe vocabulary or a keyboard are not the right things for you. Everything works differently for everyone. This coffee bean works for me and many other people in this world and I recommend it to anyone that needs to lose weight and does not want to starve themselves.
  • kmh0617
    Options
    Don't pose questions, then if you don't want truthful answers.
    The truth is that your blood sugars should be kept in a goal range by counting carbohydrate intake and taking insulin properly.
    There is a reason why a major drug company has not patented thes green coffee bean extract and marketed it as a diabetes medication.
    It's because it's a SCAM.

Healthy, unprocessed foods and regular exercise are the only sustainable way to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.

Also, losing 3, 4, even 5+ pounds per week is pretty standard when you have 100 to lose. My amounts lost per week were like that too, at first.

It's NOT the green coffee bean extract, it's your body shedding unnecessary weight in response to a calorie deficit.
  • kmh0617
    Options
    Also, healthy foods aren't the same as organic foods.

Try to eat unprocessed foods, taking in the least amount of refines sugars/carbohydrates (which are horrible for maintaining healthy blood glucose levels), hydrogenated fats, unnecessary chemicals, etc.

Eat plenty if lean protein at every meal, as luv2ash said.

You don't get sugars of 300-400 by being compliant with your diabetes medication regimen and eating properly and exercising. Diabetes just doesn't work that way.
  • tawnyd24
    tawnyd24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I took the pills, along with the rasberry Ketone and didn't lose anything. THat's great they worked for you.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a quack. He has been ripped apart by every reputable scientist who has reviewed his "work". He also has a stake in most of the "cures" he pushes. I'd recommend reading the scientific journals published on all of these "weight loss helpers" and if there are none, that is for a reason. Without REAL scientific double blind studies with peer review, their claims are not reliable....
  • Smallgainz
    Smallgainz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have type 1 diabetes and have learned in the limited time that I have been taking the green coffee bean extract and also exercising that my sugar remains under a 100 every time my sugar gets checked. I love that fact because before all this I was always having over 150 and even as high as 300-400 at times. It amazes me that people are so negative when it comes to a so called "diet" pill. I do not believe in diets nor the word diet because for one diet is a 4 letter word and to me that is a bad word and should not be said. The other reason I hate "diet" as a way of life is because the first 3 letters. I am sorry but I am in no way shape or form trying to die from anything especially t.
    I follow a calorie count and no I do not really eat all that healthy food like organic this or that but I do stay under the calories that my body burns naturally. On top of that I exercise and yes it could be the fact that I do those two things that I am losing weight but if by taking a pill it makes me think that I am fuller than I actually am then I will keep taking that pill. For all the naysayers out there who have nothing but a negative word on everything that is said or done maybe vocabulary or a keyboard are not the right things for you. Everything works differently for everyone. This coffee bean works for me and many other people in this world and I recommend it to anyone that needs to lose weight and does not want to starve themselves.

You mention everyone here being negative but the most negative thing I've heard here is your diet rant and the fact you find it amazing that people question a magic diet pill shows you are trying to find a quick weight loss solution. Good luck. You and the rest of world have seen these tricks before. smarten up, straighten out, follow a sensible 'diet' and exercise.
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    I cannot argue with all of you who say that the green coffee bean that I am taking is not what is making me feel full. I do not know for sure, maybe I am getting sick or something. I will say this though, I was always hungry before I started taking it, I was eating out of control and was feeling very depressed about it. I started the coffee bean on New Years Day and I have not been very hungry at all ever since. Most of the time I don't finish what I fix for myself to eat. I cannot say for sure that it is the coffee bean that is doing it, but I have not changed anything else that I am doing. If it is a scam, then it is working for me. If it is all in my head, then so be it, I don't care what it is, I just love that it is working and I have already lost 2 lbs. I only have about 50 pounds to lose so I am not in that over 100 category. I think maybe some of you should be willing to give some things a chance, instead of always saying that EVERYTHING that comes in a pill form is a scam. What I take is all natural, there are no proprietary blends or anything extra in it, just the green coffee bean, the raspberry ketones and a veggie capsule. That is it. So far I have seen it do wonders for my father in law and I am loving it too.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options

^ Yep.
    I'm not gonna lie, I tried this last year.. and I highly regret it. I saw no improvements, it did nothing to my appetite, pretty much useless and a waste of money :ohwell:

Edit: AND I was using it whilst doing 3-5 days at the gym with a calorie controlled diet.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have been taking them for two weeks and haven't noticed any descernible difference. I wasn't looking for a magic pill. Just something to add what I am already doing (watching calories and exercising.)

I would say don't waist your money.
  • ubermensch13
    Options
    I cannot argue with all of you who say that the green coffee bean that I am taking is not what is making me feel full. I do not know for sure, maybe I am getting sick or something. I will say this though, I was always hungry before I started taking it, I was eating out of control and was feeling very depressed about it. I started the coffee bean on New Years Day and I have not been very hungry at all ever since. Most of the time I don't finish what I fix for myself to eat. I cannot say for sure that it is the coffee bean that is doing it, but I have not changed anything else that I am doing. If it is a scam, then it is working for me. If it is all in my head, then so be it, I don't care what it is, I just love that it is working and I have already lost 2 lbs. I only have about 50 pounds to lose so I am not in that over 100 category. I think maybe some of you should be willing to give some things a chance, instead of always saying that EVERYTHING that comes in a pill form is a scam. What I take is all natural, there are no proprietary blends or anything extra in it, just the green coffee bean, the raspberry ketones and a veggie capsule. That is it. So far I have seen it do wonders for my father in law and I am loving it too.

Ever heard of the Placebo effect?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to clarify or quantify things so that people don't waste money on another useless supplement. I would absolutely recommend that people do not take supplement or diet advice from Dr. Oz.
  • CLDKess
    CLDKess Posts: 40
    Options
    I'd try some coffee instead, its likely the same idea.

Good Luck!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I seriously the doubt the pills are doing anything more than acting as a placebo making you think they do something. With 100 lbs to lose it shouldn't be difficult to drop 4 lbs in the first week or 2 of dieting.

Ditto. But if paying for the placebo effect makes you feel better and you have the cash to burn, then at least you are keeping people in the diet industry employed.
  • ubermensch13
    Options
    I seriously the doubt the pills are doing anything more than acting as a placebo making you think they do something. With 100 lbs to lose it shouldn't be difficult to drop 4 lbs in the first week or 2 of dieting.

Ditto. But if paying for the placebo effect makes you feel better and you have the cash to burn, then at least you are keeping people in the diet industry employed.

Hey, you are a JOB CREATOR!