Need some advice!! x

Options
I am 6"2 and I am 122 kilos. I really want to be able to get down to 80, but everyone says because of my height that would be impossible, is this true??

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I am 6"2 and I am 122 kilos. I really want to be able to get down to 80, but everyone says because of my height that would be impossible, is this true??

You'd be about right in the middle of the range so that's healthy so yes you can be 80 kgs without any problems.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot tall and my doctor recommended getting between 170-185 so that sounds about right to me too
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can't see why you wouldn't be able to, the only thing that i would think is that you will probably not notice the weight loss so much because you are taller:wink: but hey go for it have a go:wink:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If it's within the healthy weight range for your height it is a fine goal.

But, really, I would highly recommend not getting too hung up on the final product, or the scale numbers, on day 1. Today, you should focus on what would be an appropriate calorie target to lose weight healthily, how to adjust your diet to meet those goals while staying comfortably satiated, and what a realistic fitness plan looks like. Today, take body measurements and "before" pictures in a swimsuit or fitness gear of every angle of your body so you can document your progress. Set smaller, more realistic goals- things you can accomplish this week. To focus too much on the end can be overwhelming and counterproductive, and your goal weight really won't change anything but your ticker- your plan should be the same no matter what the end is at this point. You can do it, but it will be much easier if you concentrate on what you can accomplish today or this week rather than trying to look ahead several months.
  • tappypat
    Options
    morebean13 that was a lovely and encouraging reply :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

But, really, I would highly recommend not getting too hung up on the final product, or the scale numbers, on day 1. Today, you should focus on what would be an appropriate calorie target to lose weight healthily, how to adjust your diet to meet those goals while staying comfortably satiated, and what a realistic fitness plan looks like. Today, take body measurements and "before" pictures in a swimsuit or fitness gear of every angle of your body so you can document your progress. Set smaller, more realistic goals- things you can accomplish this week. To focus too much on the end can be overwhelming and counterproductive, and your goal weight really won't change anything but your ticker- your plan should be the same no matter what the end is at this point. You can do it, but it will be much easier if you concentrate on what you can accomplish today or this week rather than trying to look ahead several months.

^^very true
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Best Advice!