8 cups is how many mls

Options
It says to drink 8 cups of water a day, how many mls will this be based on. I drink 500ml bottles of water. So basically put the water through as stanks, If i put cups i need to know what size cup they use.

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    It says to drink 8 cups of water a day, how many mls will this be based on. I drink 500ml bottles of water. So basically put the water through as stanks, If i put cups i need to know what size cup they use.
    1.9ltrs
  • medavidcook
    medavidcook Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So basically, if i was basing on 500ml bottle i only need to drink 4 of them a day, which doesnt seem that much, i normally drink 5 bottles a day. in total
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    Yep, one cup is 250mls, so 1.9l (I would have said 2l) is right.
    Doesn't mean you have to cut back, though. As long as your kidneys and electrolytes are fine, there's plenty of advantages to drinking more water.
    And if you sweat a lot - through exercise, manual work or living in my (currently hot!) part of the world - you may need more as you are losing more.
    :)
  • carmieg3
    Options
    A cup is 250 ml, so I count a 500ml bottle of water as 2 cups, and try to dink 4 bottles of water a day
  • medavidcook
    medavidcook Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will try to keep drinking 5 bottles which i wat i drink now. Dont wont to change my pattern.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    actually an American cup is 237ml.

but it's all irrelevant anyway in terms of how much water/fluids to drink
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Googling "8 cups to ml" gets the handy dandy google converter and you get 1892.71

This works for grams to ounces tablespoons to cups whatever.

It helps when you are in super specific logging mode.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    actually an American cup is 237ml.
    Which s why I said 1.9
    237 millilitres x 8 = 1.89600 litres
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Have you considered drinking more than 64 oz a day?

My clients always see better results when they drink half their weight in ounces. Its extremely healthy. It helps flush the fat out among other awesome benefits.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,991 Member
    Options
    Have you considered drinking more than 64 oz a day?

My clients always see better results when they drink half their weight in ounces. Its extremely healthy. It helps flush the fat out among other awesome benefits.
    Fat is not water soluble, sorry couldn't resist.....but no, water doesn't flush fat.
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    its just a rough guard so people drink more water i think :)
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    type that into google.