what r your excuses?

Options
housenoob
housenoob Posts: 34 Member
i think that if i can identify what my excuses are i can get past them. sometimes i probably make excuses and dont even know it. maybe you have some of the same excuses as me. what are your excuses?

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I have none.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have none.

Same!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't use them.

The one I hear from most people is they "don't have time". Like their life is so much busier than anyone elses.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I don't have any but I hear a lot of
    "Its out of my control"
    "It must be nice to have all the time in the world to work out" - I don't i MAKE that time.
    "Its genetic - have you ever met my family" - I used that one for a long time until I realized that maybe genetics are against me but I can fight those.
    "I have blah blah blah health problems" - yeah so do I doesn't mean I can't fight those.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't have any good excuses. I do it or I don't. I'm lucky in that I'm in fairly good health and managed to get my weight back under control, so skipping a workout or two isn't the end of the world.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I ceased with excuses years ago.
    If there is something I do not want to do, I weigh that against any potential rewards, then just decide.
    NO EXCUSES!
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have none. There IS no excuse.

Keep it in your head: "No Excuses!"

Just get it done! :)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    No excuses...

At my gym, there is a blind woman who works out who comes in with a friend. She is at the gym often. I was doing some lane swimming on the weekend and a man came in on crutches. He got into the water and proceeded to swim lanes as well.

and finally...if you need real inspiration...check out fitnessunarmed.com

If these people can move their bodies, why can't you?
  • AshaDidIt
    AshaDidIt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My excuses seem to revolve around "special occassions" -- the Rose Bowl, birthdays, etc... and I go over my calories for the day in one meal.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I use to have excuses until those excuses made me gain 80+pds...trust me they are not worth it for your health or happiness.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm a walker. My excuses are...

it's to cold!

I don't drive so can't get to the mall to walk unless hubby is home...he works 5-6 days a week 11 hours a day.

The price of the Radar bus that will pick me up at home and drop me off at the door of where I am going is $3 one way. Making it $15-18 a week...if I go and have hubby pick me up on his way home from work. Money is too tight fo this.

I know what the excuses are just don't know how to deal with them. Now I know all about You Tube and exercise videos...free stuff. BUT my last excuse is I don't want to work out in my tiny living room. More excuses.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I don't make excuses. Some days I'm just too lazy/weak to do what I know needs to be done. I know it, I don't like it, but it's the way I am on some days.

Discipline: Doing what you know needs to be done even though you don't want to.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don't have excuses, I'm too lazy for them :laugh:
  • BeckyGee84
    BeckyGee84 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't have any valid excuses. My only one good excuse for not lifting weights for the past few weeks was that I either tore or strained a muscle in my right arm (but I still exercised, I walked 3 times per week). And now it seems I have to start alllll over again with that. I was just flat-out slacking last month, so now I'm getting back at it!

In the past I've used:
    1. I don't have time to exercise. (Now I MAKE time, even if my son refuses to nap when I want to work out)
    2. My boyfriend is an enabler, he buys nothing but junk food (True, but I now spend a big chunk of my paycheck on healthy food)
    3. I can't afford a gym membership (Not true anymore, some gyms are pretty cheap, but I built up a nice collection of exercise DVDs)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'm just too lazy to type the "a" and "e." You know?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of valid excuses, the biggest of which is there are days where I do not have the motor control to exercise. But I keep going despite them.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My excuse was
    I don't want to go to the gym becuse I an too weak and fat to do anything

So I cancelled my gym membership and started walking and jogging indoors and on my treadmill. I bought myself some exercise DVD's and now I do an hour a day in the privacy of my home.

NO MORE EXCUSES
  • RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've lost my 54lbs by walking so my excuse now is it is too cold. I have an elliptical in my home but I say "Every time I get on it my daughter crawls over trying to touch it" All I have to do is ask my husband to watch her for 20 minutes or I can break it up for 10 minutes here and there. I had no excuses for 3 months and lost 25lbs. This last week it has been because I was sick. Now that my body feels better it is because my nose is stopped up and makes it hard for me to breath when I work out. My aunt keeps wanting me to go to the hospital and walk around in the basement but my excuse for that is it is creepy down there lol I have plenty excuses that are lamer than this
  • RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My excuse was
    I don't want to go to the gym becuse I an too weak and fat to do anything

So I cancelled my gym membership and started walking and jogging indoors and on my treadmill. I bought myself some exercise DVD's and now I do an hour a day in the privacy of my home.

NO MORE EXCUSES

I found a VHS of Kathy Ireland that I use to use with my mom and I remember how easy it was (I would wear 5lb weights on my legs and 2lbs on my arms) and wouldn't break a sweat. I tried to do it without weights and I couldn't keep up! LOL thanks for reminding me I may move my couch for 45 minutes and start doing that again!
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't have excuses. In the immortal words of YODA "Do or Do Not - There is no try"