Almost halfway point (pic included)

Options
I just wanted to share my progress as of right now. I still have a long way to go, but I am getting there. I have always been overweight, but a few years ago I hit my biggest. Along with it came tons of health issues. I have had high blood pressure since I was a teen, PCOS, and got Psoriatic Arthritis in my early 20s. A few years ago I injured my knee at work and that's when I hit my biggest of 315 pounds. I am only 5'4, so 315 pounds wasn't easy at all for me to carry. I got to the point I couldn't hardly get out of the bed some days. If I didn't get that weight off I may have been in a wheelchair by now and I am only 34 years old. I told myself I would never ever get over 300 pounds and when I did that was my breaking point. I had to do something about it. I had been on South Beach Diet in the past and it did great, I just didn't exercise because I hated it. My husband agreed to get me a gym membership, but only if I used it. I told him I would use it alot. About a year and a half ago he got me the gym membership and I started back on South Beach Diet. I was going to the gym 3 times a week, plus I had a part time job. The gym I was going to was about a 15 minute drive, but I had a good friend going there too, so we went together. She slowly stopped going and I lost my job, so I started not going as often. I had gotten to far and didn't want to quit, so I looked at a gym just up the road from my house and decided to change. They have free training and every machine possible. I am now back to going 3 times a week and do some Wii Just Dance or Zumba on my off days from the gym. I am only 4.3 to my halfway point. My goal for now is 180 pounds, as I have never ever been under 200 pounds that I can remember. I am able to easily go up and down stairs, I can sit on the floor and get up and I just recently bought my first pair of jeans that button and zip instead of tie. These NSVs may not sound big to other people, but to me it is since over a year ago I didn't think those things would be possible again. Now time for photo. Thanks to everyone that read my story.

25850615_7086.jpg

Replies

• KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing great and you sound very determined! Keep it up! :)
  • sugartwist
    sugartwist Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Looking Good!
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you Karen, I am very determined to get this weight off me. It's long over due. Thanks sugartwist.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great! Go on and congratulations!
  • LoyalAngel16
    Options
    Thanks dancerom
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you look great! Keep it up!
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Such a huge difference...you're looking great!! Keep it up! Such an inspiration!
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great story! Very proud of you for finding another gym that worked better for you instead of outright quitting. Well done!
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Good job. Your story is pretty much like mine. I'm 5' 4" and tipped the scales at 306. I'm a bit older...50. Crossing that 300 pound mark was a deal maker for me. I remember being a teen and saying I will never weigh more then 175. As a young adult I said I would never let myself be 200 pounds. Then I upped that to 250. At 306 I said enough is enough!! I had recently been told I had diabetes...and 2 years before that I had high blood pressure.

I sat down with my health care provider (a NP) and we discuss what I should do. We discussed the fact that I had been overweight since I was a teenager. I had tried every diet, pill and exercise there is. She suggested WLS. No I was not about to have surgery. Then my best friend was told she was heading for diabetes and should consider WLS. Hmmm, maybe this is something we should do together...and we did.

Dawn and I have been there for each other. Gone through the ups and downs of the process. I am now 53 pounds from my goal. I am stumbling right now, but this too shall pass.

I am so happy you have taken the road to happier, healthier life. Keep up the good work
  • LetGoLaughin12
    LetGoLaughin12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Great job! Stay determined!
  • 33clb
    33clb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! Keep it up and you look ten years younger.
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Looking good!! Thanks for sharing!
  • LoyalAngel16
    Options
    Several years ago my cardiologist wanted me to have WLS, but my insurance wouldn't cover enough and didn't want to deal with those kind of restrictions myself. It wasn't right for me. I do have diabetes on both sides or my family, but I don't have it yet, I am insulin resistant though.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. I just wanted to share with others and let those that are struggling know that it can be done. It's not always easy, but the weight didn't happen overnight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!